You are here

Moog Subharmonicon

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Moog Subharmonicon

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat May 16, 2020 4:14 pm

The Elf wrote:I feel as if I'm just standing on the outside looking in. I don't get this machine, any more than I got the Mother-32...

They just don't seem 'musical' to me at all.

This obviously says more about me than the machines in question, because everyone else seems to be entranced by them - I'm clearly missing something, but I've no idea what! :headbang: :lol:

I don't think you're really missing anything in the big scheme of things, any more than I'm missing having a mellotron. It's all about the workflow and how you approach music making. After all, synths are effectively 'just' lovely tools and as such can be employed in different ways, many of which will apply more to some than others.

Much like a lot of Eurorack kit, the Subharmonicon is distinctly orientated towards a certain use case which is very at odds with a lot of 'conventional' music production workflows.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Postby Arpangel » Sun May 17, 2020 8:10 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:Much like a lot of Eurorack kit, the Subharmonicon is distinctly orientated towards a certain use case which is very at odds with a lot of 'conventional' music production workflows.

I’d ad the Theremin to that statement.... :)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Durr GaGa » Sat May 30, 2020 9:07 pm

What a great thread and I wish I'd seen it earlier! I have been waiting patiently (signing the petition and so on!) hoping for this day to arrive but as it is anything but a general use synthesiser, the UK cost currently puts it outside my reach as discussed on page 2 of this thread:- https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72258&start=15

My interest is still piqued though and as well as Gordon Reid's excellent SOS review, Loopop has done his usual in depth YouTube review but for me, the best 'sonic' review has been by Gaz Williams here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3P5uG87Nsc&t=410s

I so much want to pull the trigger on one of these to go with my Mother 32 and DFAM but........ just too much! :cry:
Durr GaGa
Poster

Regards,

Steve
www.nightskyimages.co.uk

Previous