You are here

Separate audio outputs from USB

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: Separate audio outputs from USB

Postby al_diablo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm

I haven't got round to trying it but I believe elektron made their Overbridge software so that their devices pass multichannel audio to the computer without appearing as an interface, so you can use your existing IO (or use the elektron box as an interface)

It seems clever and elegant and if it works will definitely make me want more of their kit!

I don't know how it works, but presumably the hardware interacts with the software and doesn't appear as an interface unless you tell it to, and the software routes the audio into the DAW?
al_diablo
Regular

Postby The Elf » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:49 pm

al_diablo wrote:I haven't got round to trying it but I believe elektron made their Overbridge software so that their devices pass multichannel audio to the computer without appearing as an interface...
Yes, it does. That's how I have my Elektron Analog Keys connected. It was a bit of a shock when I heard audio without having audio cables connected!

I'm not sure how many channels can be used this way, as I haven't investigated.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby al_diablo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:52 pm

Well now I want to try it out! Sadly it's time to put the baby to bed.

Also, edited my original post - I'd love to understand how it works. I presume there would be nothing stopping other manufacturers implementing it too, apart from pesky things like intellectual property.
al_diablo
Regular

Previous