You are here

Modular prices, availability?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Modular prices, availability?

Postby Arpangel » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 am

Prices are getting very high for modular stuff, I said this awhile ago, and prices are still rising. Also, a lot of things are out of stock on dealers websites, supplies seem to have dried up on certain modules, it’s almost as if interest is waning, but I find this hard to believe.
I’ve been looking to buy a few modules to finish my small rack, I can’t get them new anywhere, and this is popular stuff, secondhand prices are so high there’s no point in buying them.
It’s all a bit weird, I think the market for modular is ultimately finite, and it's reached saturation, either that or we are on a downward curve of enthusiasm.
I went mad about 5 years ago and accumulated 24U of modular, it was a blind alley and I soon downsized as I realised more is less, now I have 3U 84hp, and I don’t even use that as much as I should as it’s a pain to patch and takes too much time for very little pay back, my preference now is for semi-modular ready made keyboards where a lot of the decisions have already been made for me.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster