You are here

My rack, is full.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Re: My rack, is full.

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:06 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:I bet there is a steampunk fella here who could build you the most amazing looking one off. One that Clara would be envious of.

Ha ha 8-)

It's already been done - have a look here and gawp at its shininess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2xvxrk ... e=youtu.be

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby ManFromGlass » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:50 pm

Awesome!
:mrgreen:
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Martin Walker wrote:
ManFromGlass wrote:I bet there is a steampunk fella here who could build you the most amazing looking one off. One that Clara would be envious of.
Ha ha 8-)

Wow, that's a lovely thing indeed Martin!

Arpangel wrote:Yes there is, a guy called Ron Arad, he designed the Rover Chair, I commissioned him to build us a platform bed, in the 80’s, it was truly beyond, just beyond, he had a shop in Neal Street in London, that was beyond too.

If I may go off-topic for a moment.

I searched high and low for the right bed but to no avail. After sleeping for some time on a mattress on the floor, Mrs. D. and I decided to take matters into our own hands so I ordered a bunch of planed lumber from the local building suppliers and built one for us myself.

Unfortunately it's impossible to get a decent photo as it's more than half the size of the room its in but this should give an idea:

It's also constructed in such a manner that it can be disassembled into enough parts to relocate should the need arise.

The messy room is due in no small part to the fact we're having to use other parts of the house as temporary storage while I'm working on the studio upstairs (also why there is scaffolding visible outside the bedroom window) :-)
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby Arpangel » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:51 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:
Martin Walker wrote:
Ha ha 8-)

Wow, that's a lovely thing indeed Martin!

Arpangel wrote:Yes there is, a guy called Ron Arad, he designed the Rover Chair, I commissioned him to build us a platform bed, in the 80’s, it was truly beyond, just beyond, he had a shop in Neal Street in London, that was beyond too.

If I may go off-topic for a moment.

I searched high and low for the right bed but to no avail. After sleeping for some time on a mattress on the floor, Mrs. D. and I decided to take matters into our own hands so I ordered a bunch of planed lumber from the local building suppliers and built one for us myself.

Unfortunately it's impossible to get a decent photo as it's more than half the size of the room its in but this should give an idea:

It's also constructed in such a manner that it can be disassembled into enough parts to relocate should the need arise.

The messy room is due in no small part to the fact we're having to use other parts of the house as temporary storage while I'm working on the studio upstairs (also why there is scaffolding visible outside the bedroom window) :-)

Very impressed Eddy, it has a bit of a ships cabin crossed with a medieval boudoir about it!
Our bed was made from Key Systems tubing, with a custom built chrome mattress base, and a chrome and black blind hanging down one side, we completely mirrored the wall it was on, and had bright red satin bed linen.
I used to lay in bed listening to our hi-fi, a Transcriptors Reference turntable, Tannoy Cheviots, and a massive silver Onkyo twin transformer amp, that snapshot sticks in my mind as the pinnacle of how we were in the 80’s, my happiest time, in many ways.
BTW, I paid £100 for the turntable :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: and £300 for the speakers, I picked up the amp at a boot sale for .......£18! equally crazy.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby The Elf » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:15 am

Eddy, that's incredible! I'm in awe of anyone who can build *anything* - I'm a disaster area with a toolbox!
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Arpangel » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:46 am

The Elf wrote:Eddy, that's incredible! I'm in awe of anyone who can build *anything* - I'm a disaster area with a toolbox!

Purple too, I think Eddy may have Goth blood in him...

:)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:14 pm

Storage over the bed - great idea. Who uses the bed for trampoline moves anymore anyway!
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby BillB » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:43 am

Knowing what a lovely guy you are, Eddy, I am only mildly concerned about the purpose of the hooks in the ceiling :shocked:
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby zenguitar » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:08 am

BillB wrote:Knowing what a lovely guy you are, Eddy, I am only mildly concerned about the purpose of the hooks in the ceiling :shocked:

There's a full moon every 4 weeks.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
liberté, frivolité et vanité

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:09 am

BillB wrote:Knowing what a lovely guy you are, Eddy, I am only mildly concerned about the purpose of the hooks in the ceiling :shocked:

Your guess is as good as mine - they were there when I bought the house over 12 years ago and I can't remove them without damaging the plasterboard in the ceiling so I just left them alone!

zenguitar wrote:There's a full moon every 4 weeks.

:lol: :clap:
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works

Postby Rich Hanson » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:13 pm

Every day is a full moon for Eddy :P
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:51 pm

Rich Hanson wrote:Every day is a full moon for Eddy :P

:angel:
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works

Postby Arpangel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:24 am

I suddenly thought, how on earth did we get to the bedroom starting from modular?

:)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby BillB » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:41 am

I was about to say it was Eddy’s fault, which is my default answer for most things, but actually, it was yours, Tony....
Yes there is, a guy called Ron Arad, he designed the Rover Chair, I commissioned him to build us a platform bed, in the 80’s, it was truly beyond, just beyond, he had a shop in Neal Street in London, that was beyond too.

The fact that we can wander from racks to bedrooms is one of the fun aspects of this Forum
:beamup:
BillB
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:12 am

BillB wrote:
The fact that we can wander from racks to bedrooms is one of the fun aspects of this Forum
:beamup:

Order gentlemen please, this is a public forum.
Now, as I was saying, can anyone recommend me a decent sine wave oscillator under £200 please?

:D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext