You are here

Free Tandy/Realistic MG-1 plugin from Cherry Audio

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Free Tandy/Realistic MG-1 plugin from Cherry Audio

Postby desmond » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:15 pm

The fun and funky Surrealistic MG-1 Plus Synthesizer is a super authentic recreation of the Realistic MG-1 synthesizer sold in Radio Shack stores in the 80's. The Surrealistic MG-1 Plus delivers fat analog tone in spades, along with a unique polyphonic oscillator section, "bell tone" ring modulation, glide, auto repeat note triggering, oscillator sync, and a number of improvements that tremendously expand its capabilities. Best of all, it's absolutely FREE!

https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/sur ... -mg-1-plus

For those who remember the original, a fun little synth - Cherry Audio is giving away this emulation for free (you need to register for an account).

They also have emulations of the ARP2600 and Juno 106 for very nice prices, if those are more your bag... $25 each for a limited time.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Free Tandy/Realistic MG-1 plugin from Cherry Audio

Postby Chevytraveller » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 am

I have to say I love Cherry Audio's stuff... I've been a user products for some time.. I bought their Polymoog and ARP 2600 and absolutely love their Voltage Modular

This truly is a gift.. great company

:bouncy:
Chevytraveller
Frequent Poster
Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, LogicX, Mainstage 3, Korg legacy, Diva, Alchemy, FabFilter.
Hard: Mostly now all for sale.. but Akai MPC Live, Tasty Chips Gr-1, Roland Promars, AS Telemark,  Eurocrack disease

Re: Free Tandy/Realistic MG-1 plugin from Cherry Audio

Postby Rich Hanson » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:15 am

Marc Doty did a series of videos on the original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7aQpA4XVA

I hadn't even heard of it until it popped up in my recommendations a few months ago
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster (Level2)