You are here

ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby resistorman » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:37 am

I emailed them once pre-pandemic and it took weeks to get back to me. They were very apologetic and cited vacations, illness, and being a small company.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:51 am

The Elf wrote:None of this solves my problem with ASM. Has anyone had any contact with them in the past three months?

Elf, do you have a current issue with your synth?
I’d contact sales and distribution, see if that stirred up anything.
I’m always wary of companies that don’t have a phone number, which is quite a lot these days, but it always fills me with a feeling of insecurity, and has even been a deal breaker a few times.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby IAA » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:31 am

None of this solves my problem with ASM. Has anyone had any contact with them in the past three months?

I’m presuming you’ve tried your dealer to rattle the distributor and then ASM? (I’ve done this in the recent past with a great dealer I used for years who managed to wake up the supplier)
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:09 am

I''l give Facebook (ugh! :headbang: ) a try...
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:50 pm

One of the few advantages of facebook is that you can call them out on a very public forum if they don't get back to you...
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby The Elf » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:55 pm

I can't see any way to add a public post on their page.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby BobTheDog » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:21 pm

Arpangel wrote:
The Elf wrote:None of this solves my problem with ASM. Has anyone had any contact with them in the past three months?

Elf, do you have a current issue with your synth?
I’d contact sales and distribution, see if that stirred up anything.
I’m always wary of companies that don’t have a phone number, which is quite a lot these days, but it always fills me with a feeling of insecurity, and has even been a deal breaker a few times.

I second this, they just don’t answer emails in my experience.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 pm

I tried to message on Facebook (there seems no way to add a public post) and all I got was a return message saying to email support with the same address I already have.

All I want is to ask them to add a latch option to the 'Local Off' parameter. It's a pain having to switch it off every time I power up. It's not a big deal, but just trying to make contact and getting such a blank stare does not give me a warm feeling about the company.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:08 am

Perhaps there is a story nobody talks about regarding the person who was supposed to program that latch?
:roll:
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby N i g e l » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:15 am

ManFromGlass wrote:Perhaps there is a story nobody talks about regarding the person who was supposed to program that latch?
:roll:
Given the nature of programmers & the HK situation its quite possible the person is not currently available for updates. :shh:

It sounds like the problem is only 1 bit in the non-volatile EEPROM, easily doo able.
Maybe they already included it in the Feb '21 update but cant tell you in case you spill the beans ????
N i g e l
Frequent Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:55 am

The Elf wrote:I tried to message on Facebook (there seems no way to add a public post) and all I got was a return message saying to email support with the same address I already have.

All I want is to ask them to add a latch option to the 'Local Off' parameter. It's a pain having to switch it off every time I power up. It's not a big deal, but just trying to make contact and getting such a blank stare does not give me a warm feeling about the company.

Have you tried the support form on their website Elf?

With regards to local on/off not being saved this has come up in several places elsewhere on the web and a number of people have complained about it. So far, they have refused to implement it on the premise that people turn off local control, forget, and then raise support requests because the synth isn't making any noise.

This seems rather a poor excuse to me I must admit and hopefully they will relent. I've not had cause to contact them myself but I agree it's a shame that they are not more responsive when the need arises.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The SOS Forum Album projects

Postby CS70 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:35 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:This seems rather a poor excuse to me

I may be cynical but I must admit I see their point. 90% of the posts reporting problems I see in the Cakewalk support groups are made by people that screw up something, forget about it (or fail to notice) and assume the problem is in the software. :lol:
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby The Elf » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am

ALL of my other synths latch Local Off! :headbang:

Probaby best not to give us a volume control either, then, since we might leave it turned down! :lol:

I've already used every contact method mentioned in this thread - no response. I give up.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

Postby CS70 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:11 am

The Elf wrote:Probaby best not to give us a volume control either, then, since we might leave it turned down! :lol:

Looking at the kind of questions posed on the places I mentioned, it'd be probably best not to give people DAWs and synths at all! :lol:
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby The Elf » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:28 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:With regards to local on/off not being saved this has come up in several places elsewhere on the web and a number of people have complained about it. So far, they have refused to implement it on the premise that people turn off local control, forget, and then raise support requests because the synth isn't making any noise.
All it needs is a third option - on/off/latch-off. Let's call that third option the 'I know what I'm doing' option. How about a big flashing 'LOCAL OFF' on start-up for the hard of understanding?

Sigh... It's this kind of nanny-save-me-from-myself design that has stopped me being able to create feedback loops in Cubase - something I used to find very useful. It is so depressing when we all have to suffer to accommodate ignorance.
The Elf
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext