You are here

ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby blinddrew » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:36 pm

I think the EU mandated a 2 year warranty, the UK only requires 1.
However there is additional stuff about things lasting for a reasonable lifetime. Organisations can't just wash their hands of things after 366 days.
User avatar
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14516
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am
Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby BobTheDog » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 pm

Ah only one year :(

I might rip it apart and have a look, as a block of 6 have gone I’m guessing it isn’t the leds that have gone but something controlling them, maybe just a loose ribbon cable.

The last thing I had that went to Source for mending was a Moog guitar and they had it for nearly a year!
User avatar
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1209
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:00 am

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby Arpangel » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:00 am

blinddrew wrote:I think the EU mandated a 2 year warranty, the UK only requires 1.
However there is additional stuff about things lasting for a reasonable lifetime. Organisations can't just wash their hands of things after 366 days.

6 years UK, consumer rights act, the retailer is still responsible, depending, I got a CD recorder replaced after 3 years, as it wasn’t considered a "reasonable" lifespan.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 7495
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby blinddrew » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:05 am

Arpangel wrote:
blinddrew wrote:I think the EU mandated a 2 year warranty, the UK only requires 1.
However there is additional stuff about things lasting for a reasonable lifetime. Organisations can't just wash their hands of things after 366 days.

6 years UK, consumer rights act, the retailer is still responsible, depending, I got a CD recorder replaced after 3 years, as it wasn’t considered a "reasonable" lifespan.
:thumbup: Thank you.
User avatar
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14516
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am
Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby Arpangel » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:30 am

blinddrew wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
blinddrew wrote:I think the EU mandated a 2 year warranty, the UK only requires 1.
However there is additional stuff about things lasting for a reasonable lifetime. Organisations can't just wash their hands of things after 366 days.

6 years UK, consumer rights act, the retailer is still responsible, depending, I got a CD recorder replaced after 3 years, as it wasn’t considered a "reasonable" lifespan.
:thumbup: Thank you.

Yes, I didn’t have to hassle, they just replaced it with a new one, got a call one day and that was it. I think they knew it wasn’t worth messing about, the law is quite clear, but some suppliers are more eager to help than others.
User avatar
Arpangel
Jedi Poster
Posts: 7495
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby BobTheDog » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:23 pm

I contacted GAK about it and they got back really quickly saying it would be fixed under warranty and they will pick it up with DPD, can't argue with that. The only problem is that Source will be dealing with fixing it and I have not had good experiences with them before.

I remember GAK being really good with my various Kronos 88 issues I had, I think I ended up with 3 replacements till I got one that fully worked!
User avatar
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1209
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:00 am

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby blinddrew » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:24 pm

Fingers crossed then.
User avatar
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14516
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am
Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby N i g e l » Wed May 05, 2021 5:08 pm

User avatar
N i g e l
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1507
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:40 pm
Location: British Isles

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby The Elf » Wed May 05, 2021 5:22 pm

No sticky Local Off... :madas: :frown: :cry:
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 16599
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: ASM Hydrasynth - what's happened?

Postby BobTheDog » Wed May 05, 2021 7:16 pm

No MPE fixes either :)

My desktop is sick anyway and needs to go back for fixing, so maybe not a big issue as it stands!
User avatar
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1209
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:00 am

Previous