You are here

Korg wavestate SE

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Korg wavestate SE

Postby blinddrew » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:04 pm

The Elf wrote:I make no excuse for banging on about this. Until we make a stand the manufacturers will save the pennies and laugh at us.
And I make no excuse for repeating the point that it's not always about saving pennies, it's about whether the thing gets made at all.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Forum Admin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:30 pm

Maybe if The Elf started some Forum Polls about every product/synth with a wall-wart asking people if they would buy it if it had an internal or an external PSU, those manufacturers might see sense (provided the internal PSU numbers got more votes)?
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 12,352 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

Postby The Elf » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:09 pm

blinddrew wrote:
The Elf wrote:I make no excuse for banging on about this. Until we make a stand the manufacturers will save the pennies and laugh at us.
And I make no excuse for repeating the point that it's not always about saving pennies, it's about whether the thing gets made at all.
Fair point, and accepted. I can forgive some of the smaller companies. But when the likes of Roland, Korg, Moog and the like saddle us with external PSUs on 'pro' gear it is insulting our intelligence to believe it's the only way. No, no and thrice no.

Are we suggesting that this machine from Korg wouldn't have been made? I find that very hard to believe.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby tea for two » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:20 pm

The Elf wrote: Until we make a stand the manufacturers will save the pennies and laugh at us.

Only way to make these manufacturers change is the environmental angle.

"Shame" them as it were into how much landfill they are creating with their external psu harmful to the environment.
tea for two
Frequent Poster

Previous