You are here

Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

Postby Marbury » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:43 pm

Well the synth was sent back and was signed for yesterday. Still no word, despite prompting one of their customer services chat team who said they have passed me on to support (who do not respond very much to emails) My last communication from them was, when received, they will email me to confirm. Nothing yet refunded in my bank account and we are almost into Wednesday.

Alarm bells are starting to wake up. Any advice how to play this just incase I don't hear back or get a refund ?
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Agharta » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:11 pm

For me this is very premature to start worrying.
Refunds can take a while to show up on your account.
A lot of companies are busy with online sales and may have less staff than normal.
Provided you have a tracking number that shows delivery I would relax.
Agharta
Jedi Poster

Postby N i g e l » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 pm

Agharta wrote:For me this is very premature to start worrying.

definitely. Its probably sat in the goods in queue waiting for the storeman to book it in to the system. Then it has to be inspected before accounts can be notified to give you a refund.

I'd give it a week before even thinking about worrying.
N i g e l
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:22 am

I’d give it a week, at least, ad to that current nasty things, like covid, and affairs slow down even more.
If you haven’t heard in a weeks time then go round with the boys and kick their lights out (sorry, it’s that damn medication again :) ) "no but seriously" just chill, you’ve fulfilled your end of the bargain, and they’ve got the synth, no reason to not expect a full refund sometime soon, just keep an eye on your account.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:49 am

Still heard nothing. Getting a bit edgy to say the least.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Marbury wrote:Still heard nothing. Getting a bit edgy to say the least.

Hasn’t been a week yet, I take it you bought from a reputable dealer, the major ones in the UK wouldn’t rip you off, you just need to maintain contact and as I said, staff shortages due to covid are big factor in a lot of bad communication and delays, unfortunately.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:00 pm

It was a reasonably well known retailer named after a classic Roland polysynth from the 80's.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:05 pm

Marbury wrote:It was a reasonably well known retailer named after a classic Roland polysynth from the 80's.

I’ve used them many times, in fact, I just bought my sequencer from them, great people, believe me there must be a genuine reason here, if there is a delay, just hold on, it’ll be fine.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:13 pm

They were very good when I was haggling the price of it. In fact, it left me in doubt how low I could have actually got it down when I had settled on a figure.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Marbury wrote:They were very good when I was haggling the price of it. In fact, it left me in doubt how low I could have actually got it down when I had settled on a figure.

It’s a very niche product, and expensive too, and difficult to sell.
I’ve just remembered, I've returned a couple of things to them over the years, I think I had to wait a few days for it to appear back into my account, actually, this is quite normal, a card refund from anyone normally takes about 4/5 working days to appear, it’s not in any way instantaneous.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby nathanscribe » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:32 pm

Yes I've also had a few things from them and they've always been spot on.
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Postby Arpangel » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:30 am

nathanscribe wrote:Yes I've also had a few things from them and they've always been spot on.

More things coming back in my memory, I think, they have a guy there who’s job it is to check returns back in, and sometimes he’s not available immediately to do that, plus, if there’s illness, that will compound the problem, that scenario definitely rings a bell though.
But Marbury shouldn’t worry, as you say they are always spot on, nice guys.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:32 am

When I arranged for the unit to be returned I was told I would be emailed when it arrived their end. No email. I prompted one of their team earlier in the week to look into it for me which they confirmed they would do and get back to me. Nothing. My bank account shows no refund, or either pending transactions.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:13 pm

Marbury wrote:When I arranged for the unit to be returned I was told I would be emailed when it arrived their end. No email. I prompted one of their team earlier in the week to look into it for me which they confirmed they would do and get back to me. Nothing. My bank account shows no refund, or either pending transactions.

Have you called them? I’ve managed to get through to them this week, it’s a shame about this covid situation, I’m literally just up the road from their place at the mo, I could have popped in on your behalf.
I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a skeleton staff of one, or two.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:21 pm

I have emailed support again and if nothing, will phone them (last resort as I hate using the phone, always feel awkward). Unfortunately these days companies are closing down left right and centre due to the economy and £2500 of my money would go down with them if I don't get it back. Hopefully they are ok but to me it's a lot of money to potentially lose.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

PreviousNext