You are here

Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

Postby Arpangel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:15 am

Marbury wrote:I have emailed support again and if nothing, will phone them (last resort as I hate using the phone, always feel awkward). Unfortunately these days companies are closing down left right and centre due to the economy and £2500 of my money would go down with them if I don't get it back. Hopefully they are ok but to me it's a lot of money to potentially lose.

Call them!

:crazy: :shocked: :think: :o :D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:52 am

I don't see why I should chase this by calling them when they specifically said they will email when they get the unit back. Again, they don't answer their support messages and seem to be actively tweeting staff picks etc with photos of themselves so why they can't deal with this and put my mind at rest is beyond me. Unfortunately I have no proof except images of my packing, the unit, the Parcelforce signature and the label I printed but they could still deny they received a Syntrx as the name of the item isn't stated anywhere on the label. All I have are sparse emails. It just seems very shady to me.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:40 pm

You say ...

Marbury wrote:I don't see why I should chase this by calling them

... and then lay out a number of reasons why you should. You're obviously concerned (even though it's almost certainly fine), so call them. Verifying receipt of an expensive item is a perfectly valid reason to call anyone.

Refusing to do so on the premise "you don't see why you should" makes no sense at all!
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects

Postby Marbury » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:19 pm

But they are not answering their emails which worries me. Why after a week of receiving it back have they not responded, even after speaking to their char team who promised a response ? Again, I hate speaking on the phone, never felt comfortable, and would rather correspond via messaging.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:53 pm

Some companies are really struggling with the pandemic impacts. We've had to close branches and in some areas we're running with 25-30% understaffing. That has a direct affect on our service levels. Other companies will be in a similar boat.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Arpangel » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:52 am

You have a valid way of resolving this by calling them, you refuse to do so, so now it’s not really their fault.
Please, just call them, I’m sure you can sort it out there and then, they are probably struggling with reduced staff, and just need a reminder.
We may think our two grand purchase is important, but it’s not in the grand scheme of things, maybe they just have to prioritise.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:16 pm

They were quick enough to take my order and have it on my doorstep the very next day. Sorry but even under current circumstances its very poor not to have refunded or even confirmed receiving it a week on. I will also add that it was very poorly wrapped when it arrived. Just a bit of scrappy bubblewrap round the box with black plastic shrink wrap covering it. And yet they stated they wanted me to send it back inside another box.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:19 am

Marbury, you will get your money back, it will happen, remember, there are those things called telephones.
This reminds me in an oblique way, two guys turned up at our place about three weeks ago, they took our grand piano away to be repaired, they took it to a workshop I haven’t even visited. The value of this piano is more than any piece of electronic music equipment/keyboard/synthesiser I own, or all of it combined.
Did I get a confirmation that the piano had arrived, no, have I heard anything from the workshop, no, were the guys that picked up the piano a gang of criminals masquerading as piano movers to steal my piano? no.
Am I worried that our piano has been abducted and is now on its way in a container to god knows where, no.
Our piano man has been in business for years, your firm too, they both have good reputations to hold up, they aren’t going to risk that reputation in any way by doing anything intentionally to cause them/you trouble or have any remote desire to rip anyone off.
However, especially now, unintentional things can happen, so just give them, and yourself a bit of slack.

:thumbup: :)
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:50 am

I had a chat via their site and they assured me the payment will be made that day ( I have a transcript of the conversation) The 24/48 hour window has now passed and no money, or pending transactions in my account. I have lost confidence in their integrity. I will call them but I fear another fobbing off. It seems they do not want to let my money go.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:24 am

Arpangel wrote:....were the guys that picked up the piano a gang of criminals masquerading as piano movers to steal my piano? no.

There is a lovely story about three men in brown coats with a lorry turning up at BBC Broadcasting House, saying they had come to "pick up the piano", and being shown straight through to the concert Hall where the proceeded to remove said hugely valuable instrument and put it in the back of the truck... never to be seen again! :lol: Oops!
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound
In my world, things get less strange when I read the manual... 

Postby BigRedX » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:24 pm

Like the OP I don't much like using the telephone. Especially in a situation like this where I would much rather there be a "paper trial" of all communications, so that there is no question of who said what and what promises were made.
BigRedX
Frequent Poster
RockinRollin' VampireMan

Postby Marbury » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:45 pm

BigRedX wrote:Like the OP I don't much like using the telephone. Especially in a situation like this where I would much rather there be a "paper trial" of all communications, so that there is no question of who said what and what promises were made.

Exactly. I admire Arpangel's optimism towards them but I do fear I will have to go to some kind of ombudsman or the like if this continues to go round in circles. It doesn't matter how long they have been trading, if this is their conduct they won't be around for much longer.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Marbury, I’ll gladly call them for you, just a suggestion, I’ll explain the situation, about calling etc, maybe not a good idea, but I’m willing to do it if you want.

Hugh Robjohns wrote:
Arpangel wrote:....were the guys that picked up the piano a gang of criminals masquerading as piano movers to steal my piano? no.

There is a lovely story about three men in brown coats with a lorry turning up at BBC Broadcasting House, saying they had come to "pick up the piano", and being shown straight through to the concert Hall where the proceeded to remove said hugely valuable instrument and put it in the back of the truck... never to be seen again! :lol: Oops!

I’m calling them....

:D :D :D :D :D
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:18 pm

I appreciate that but I have just been on chat with the guy I was originally dealing with and he seemed vague as to what was happening. Something about waiting to hear back from the returns people. I have lost the will to live with this as I am just being passed around. I also have to watch the blood pressure as I don't want another stroke!
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Agharta » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Drop them a letter maybe?
If you paid with a credit card which is usually advisable, in the letter tell them that you will be asking your credit card company to investigate this if you don't receive the credit to your card by a certain date.
They will definitely do that although they may have guidelines on at what point they step in.

Even tell the retailer in the letter that are you are a highly strung person prone to stress related strokes.
So play on their compassion and point out that you have medical issues.
If you were American you could threaten to sue them claiming damages for distress.
No less than a million as that seems to be the minimum these days even if someone looks at you the 'wrong way'!
Good luck.
Agharta
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext