You are here

Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

Postby Marbury » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:58 pm

Unfortunately I paid via a bank debit card.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Rob Kirkwood » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:38 pm

Marbury wrote:Unfortunately I paid via a bank debit card.

Probably worth talking to your bank - there is a chargeback process for debit cards which is voluntary, but I think the big card providers are signed up to it?

Rob
Rob Kirkwood
Regular

Postby Marbury » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:05 pm

Just been onto them again and the guy said he had just processed my refund. I asked to confirm bank account number but he said he doesn't have those details. I then got him to confirm the last 3 digits of my debit card number which he did. Again, nothing showing in my bank account, nothing showing in pending either (which I pointed out to him which mysteriously halted our chat once again) . I am very suspicious of them because I have read some similar horror stories on Trustpilot. I really fear I will never see this refund now. All I have are transcripts of chat, where the person clearly states that they will pay me the refund but the manner of their conduct while chatting online has been unapologetic and vague, bordering on arrogant at best. I have just contacted my bank for advice.

A word of warning here - be very careful buying from these people. PM me if you want the name of the company
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:16 am

This is very disappointing, and I’m very surprised at how they’re handling this.
This refund has to happen at some point, it’s a lot of money, and they must know that further action will be taken against them, and their reputation will be tarnished if they don’t sort this out.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:05 am

My bank have told me I have to give it 15 days before they can step in but so far, again it isn’t showing. I also fear that if it does materialise it might not even be the full amount. A nightmare to say the least. I should have got him to confirm in chat that the refund was £2500 which I forgot. He just seemed very unprofessional and nonchalant. Not a single apology. I could have spent more money on more gear but I would now rather look elsewhere and pay the extra for peace of mind. Don’t worry though, I won’t let this go as it will get posted on review sites if it fails to turn up. Awful, awful company. Shame about Brexit stuffing things up for European shopping as Thomann and the like were great to deal with and their prices are reasonable. Going to try and stay calm and enjoy my birthday, for today at least.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:05 am

Hoping you get an appropriate birthday bump in your bank balance today Marbury! :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Marbury » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:27 pm

blinddrew wrote:Hoping you get an appropriate birthday bump in your bank balance today Marbury! :thumbup:

It has materialised so panic over. Phew! it was like getting blood from a stone.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Good news! Happy birthday then! :D
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Agharta » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:40 pm

:thumbup:
Agharta
Jedi Poster

Postby BJG145 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Marbury wrote:panic over

You really need to stop worrying and have more faith in the Way of SOS.

I recommend that you look at this picture of some stones for a few minutes while you decide how to spend your ££££.

BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby nathanscribe » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Indeed, getting a refund is *exactly* like receiving a gift :D

Happy birthday Marbury and glad it worked out.
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Postby BJG145 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:12 pm

Oh, it's your birthday...?

Happy Birthday! x :D
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 am

BJG145 wrote:
Marbury wrote:panic over

You really need to stop worrying and have more faith in the Way of SOS.

I recommend that you look at this picture of some stones for a few minutes while you decide how to spend your ££££.

What he said^^^^^

And happy birthday.

Perspective, I’ve bought stuff from small firms, where I’ve had to go round and get the person out of bed, and I’m not joking, but sometimes, service, prices, knowledge of the product, advice etc, aren’t related, you have to decide what the priorities are.
I’ve dealt with your firm many times, with no issues, I’ve visited their premises, although this isn’t possible to buy things, as they are an on-line company, but I used to live virtually next door, and sometimes when I needed advice or to ask a question I just used to pop in, the guys there were always fine, very friendly.
I’m glad it ended well, for everyone concerned.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Marbury » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:33 am

Its nice to be able to wake up without the worry of retrieving money.

Anyway, back on topic. Obviously I didn’t get along with the Syntrx as well as I thought and started to get nervous about the amount I spent so my next obvious contender is the Pulsar 23 ( I always intended to get one as well as the Syntrx) but they never seem to be available. I think I will wait and see what Behringer do with the VCS3 clone but if anyone can suggest any modules that can produce experimental and creative sound design I am open to them. The Makenoise series looks interesting. Again, I already have a Soma Lyra 8 which I really love. Of course I am open to software too. I recently purchased “Cycles” by State and Ash which is fantastic for creating granular loops. I also have a granular generative pice of software for £15 called “Ambient” which I have already made a few tracks from. That is also excellent. In fact, I have just purchased the ios “Koala” sampler for just £2.99 which is so inspiring for making music from all kinds of bits and pieces you would have never imagined would work together.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:40 pm

Yes, wait until the Berry VCS3 comes out, also, check out the up-and-coming Make Noise Strega, may suit the types of music you’re interested in.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext