You are here

Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

Postby Marbury » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:09 pm

Arpangel wrote:Yes, wait until the Berry VCS3 comes out, also, check out the up-and-coming Make Noise Strega, may suit the types of music you’re interested in.

Yes I have seen that but I think my Lyra 8 covers pretty much that colour of sounds.
Marbury
Frequent Poster

Re: Erica Synth Synthx dilemma

Postby Arpangel » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:52 am

Marbury wrote:
Arpangel wrote:Yes, wait until the Berry VCS3 comes out, also, check out the up-and-coming Make Noise Strega, may suit the types of music you’re interested in.

Yes I have seen that but I think my Lyra 8 covers pretty much that colour of sounds.

I think the field of experimental, abstract, noise, or whatever you want to call it, has succumbed to the "black box" trend thats permeated its way into all types of music, that is, off-the-shelf boxes that can instantly do what you want, or "what’s expected" this is a complete contradiction of the spirit of where these ideas came from in the first place.
A lot of pioneering, and great new music was made by people who didn’t have any "black boxes" to get the sounds they had in their heads, they had to learn how to make the stuff themselves, Radiophonic workshop and beyond.
I think instead of looking for the next box, look at what you’re actually doing, and don’t go with the trend in equipment, deliberately go against it, instead subvert gear that wasn’t designed to do what you want, use very conventional things in an unconventional way.
And present your ideas in a way that goes in completely the opposite direction to those you admire.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Previous