You are here

Re: Audio Interfaces and Synths

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby rekka » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Hi guys hope y'all doing well. I am new to SOS. I am new to music, composing/producing/mixing etc as well. I have a situation with an audio interface I purchased recently and I hope you guys can help me out here. I have casio CTK7300IN(Indian Model), Vault AI22 audio interface and a Bitwig 8 track software(came free with the interface). I connected the synth with 2 TRS1/4" 6.35mm cables (Line outs of R & L) to the interface and also connected the synth with a USB cable to my laptop. Connected the synth to the laptop as well. I am using AKG Studio headphones connected to the interface's headphone jack. Now the situation is when I am playing the synth I am hearing the sound from both the synth's speakers as well as the headphone i.e connected to the interface. I don't know if it does generally, is it possible for me to hear the input and output sound only through the headphones?

Please help me out guys!!..Thanks in advance.
rekka

Postby desmond » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:26 pm

Try plugging a dummy cable into the keyboard's headphone jack - this usually disables the internal speakers of these kinds of keyboards.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio