You are here

Having trouble assigning pads in Arturia MiniLab Mk II

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Having trouble assigning pads in Arturia MiniLab Mk II

Postby gregims » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:56 am

Hi all, I'm running into some issues trying to get a new Arturia MiniLab to trigger with its pads. The keyboard is working and I'm successfully triggering a Korg Volca Drum with the keys, but I can't figure out how to get the pads to trigger. I've gone through Arturia's Midi Control Center (pic attached) and have gone through the various parameters...mostly thinking the pad needed to be at a certain octave, but not getting any response with any of the parameters. I'm guessing it's most likely sometime obvious that is escaping me.
Thanks!

gregims
Poster

Re: Having trouble assigning pads in Arturia MiniLab Mk II

Postby Aled Hughes » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:49 am

It seems from that screen that the pads are transmitting on MIDI channel 10 - maybe try changing that to 1?
Aled Hughes
Frequent Poster
www.stiwdiosain.cymru

Postby gregims » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:06 pm

Aled Hughes wrote:It seems from that screen that the pads are transmitting on MIDI channel 10 - maybe try changing that to 1?

Yeah I noticed that and changed it to Ch. 3, which is the channel the Volca I'm trying to control is on. The pads work on a soft synth when set to Ch 10, which seems strange to me. The pads also work, with no adjustment in the Control Center, when I trigger a Korg FM that's on channel 1. Then on the Volca Drum, the pads just don't seem to trigger anything. I'm wondering if the pads and the keys have to be on separate channels? I have the Volca Drum on ch 3 right now, and maybe that can only be triggered by the Arturia's keyboard. When the Volca Drum is set to Midi Ch 1-2 the pads trigger a kick/snare combo, but that's the only thing triggered across all the pads and the entire keyboard. Definitely confusing but enough testing to know the pads work. Just a matter of figuring out why don’t want to work with the Drum.
gregims
Poster

Postby gregims » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Also tried setting up a separate channel for the MiniLab's Pads, wondering if the pads and the keyboard were split somehow. Set the Volca Drum on Ch 10, and created a new midi device in Studio One for the Pads on just channel 10...no luck.
gregims
Poster