You are here

MRG Eurorack modules.

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

MRG Eurorack modules.

Postby Arpangel » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:18 am

Just found these.......

https://mrgsynth.tlbflush.org/4HP/

Look good value, and only 4HP, made in the UK too.
Particularly interested in the triple attenuator, and the EG.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: MRG Eurorack modules.

Postby Ben Asaro » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:22 pm

Nice find! The prices are suspiciously low.

I recently discovered a really interesting module I may pick up, will post about it soon.
Ben Asaro
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:45 pm

Ben Asaro wrote:Nice find! The prices are suspiciously low.

I recently discovered a really interesting module I may pick up, will post about it soon.

:think: :think: :think:

Yes, I just ordered the dual VCA, and the triple attenuator.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:25 am

OK, I’ve been checking out this MRG stuff big time, it’s very interesting, it obviously has a definite Waspy, Moogy, lively type of vibe to me, but with an edge.
I’m going to jump in and get a filter too, but I think the production runs are small.
They are made in Cambridge UK.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby gianlg » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:41 pm

Hi there! I make these modules. The prices are low because I keep making them all by myself, in small batches as my free time hobby.

I design and build modules out of fun, I optimised the process — e.g., the same front PCB for all modules — to keep designing times short and prices low while not compromising on the components.

I don’t plan to live off it — am a full time engineer already — but I am not mass producing them — far, far from it! — so am not killing anyone’s market I hope :)

G.
gianlg

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 pm

Welcome to the forum gianlg :wave:

It's always good to hear from the folks behind various products and thank you for making your introduction. That's certainly a pretty cool hobby you have there!
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects

Postby Arpangel » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:23 pm

gianlg wrote:

Hi there! I make these modules. The prices are low because I keep making them all by myself, in small batches as my free time hobby.

I design and build modules out of fun, I optimised the process — e.g., the same front PCB for all modules — to keep designing times short and prices low while not compromising on the components.

I don’t plan to live off it — am a full time engineer already — but I am not mass producing them — far, far from it! — so am not killing anyone’s market I hope :)

G.

I’m more than happy, I’ve got three modules, and they’re all great, no problems, they do what I want, small, and the prices are very reasonable, long may you continue.

:thumbup:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster