You are here

Is that a new Casio I see?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Is that a new Casio I see?

Postby Stickman0_3 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:54 pm

I see Casio have released some new products - The Casiotone CT-S1, CT-S400 and LK-S450.

I wish they would come back into the market and do some new synths and samplers, mainly follow on from their CZ range, VZ range and FZ range. I think a A mark II of those would be good. Casio did bring out the FZ-20m. I have a Casio CZ-1 which, I think was one of their best instruments.
Stickman0_3
Regular

Re: Is that a new Casio I see?

Postby Tomás Mulcahy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:16 am

Are these just more PCM based home keyboards?

I'm a big fan of the CZ, got deep into it back in the day but it was always a limited budget instrument. It does its own thing which is cool. I've happily replaced my CZ-1 with Arturia CZV. It's not 100% with SysEx but the extra synthesis features trounce the original machine. A hardware CZ mark 2 with a DCW sweep dial like CZV would probably sell by the bucketload.

The VZ was a funny one. Warmer sounding FM mainly due to rather nice sounding sawtooth waves but an utter pain to program.

I still have an FZ-1. The filters sound cool and get overloaded at the drop of a hat. The user interface is a bit confusing, maybe I should use it more often. I think there have been some attempts to make a modular version of the filter?

I also have a CT-6000. Very nice. It's the ultimate version of their "vowel-consonant" home keyboards. So imagine those cheesy sounds, but "bigger" :) It's basically 3 of them in one with velocity, AT and a bizarre and unique drum sounds chip. They didn't use this chip in any other keyboard.
Tomás Mulcahy
Frequent Poster

Postby Arpangel » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:30 am

Got to investigate, we had a CZ1000 that was just amazing, one of the best Trumpet sounds in the whole of synthdom, instant Morricone.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Stickman0_3 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am

I hope that this will be a way back into the market for them. Concerntrate on the 2nd generation of CZ, VZ and FZ as I said before, Now seems to be the time, with all the classics coming back.
Stickman0_3
Regular