You are here

MIDI Controller Advise

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

MIDI Controller Advise

Postby keyvanend » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:38 pm

Hi Community,

I am currently considering to buy a MIDI controller for FL Studio. I had two specific in mind: AKAI MPK 249 and ATURIA KeyLab 49 MKII. Is there anybody who has experience with those two MIDI Controllers. I would appreciate any shared experiences. Which one would you recommend / which one is better in your opinion (I work with FL Studio in case thats important)? I heard that the ATURIA KeyLab 49 MKII has some compatibility issues with FL Studio (faders etc. need to bel linked manually)!?

Please also let me know if you prefer/recommend other MIDI controllers...

Many thanks and best regards
keyvanend

Re: MIDI Controller Advise

Postby Arpangel » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:08 am

I purchased the Arturia Keylab 61, and sent it back, felt very cheap, and poorly made, although it dearness on hiw you want to use it, and if the actual feel is important to you.
Ones I’ve used that have been fine, Alesis, M-Auadio, Akai have a very good professional reputation, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one of those, if I needed a new controller.
I currently have a Behringer UMX610, it’s OK, in fact, feels better than the Arturia, for me personally.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby OneWorld » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Arpangel wrote:I purchased the Arturia Keylab 61, and sent it back, felt very cheap, and poorly made, although it dearness on hiw you want to use it, and if the actual feel is important to you.
Ones I’ve used that have been fine, Alesis, M-Auadio, Akai have a very good professional reputation, and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one of those, if I needed a new controller.
I currently have a Behringer UMX610, it’s OK, in fact, feels better than the Arturia, for me personally.

Only goes to show how opinions differ. I have had several products from Arturia and although some are a bit 'quirky' to set up, especially the MIDI Control Centre (Drives me nuts) the build quality is quite impressive, always feels robust, and that included the Keylab 61 I used to have, I liked it and not as plasticky as comparable products. I only sold it to replace it with the Yamaha MOXF because the MOXF integrates with Cubase so well.
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Chevytraveller » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:56 pm

Go Novation every time..

well made kit and the best product support in the business

:bouncy:
Chevytraveller
Frequent Poster
Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, LogicX, Mainstage 3, Korg legacy, Diva, Alchemy, FabFilter.
Hard: Mostly now all for sale.. but Akai MPC Live, Tasty Chips Gr-1, Roland Promars, AS Telemark,  Eurocrack disease