You are here

The best VST Synth?

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The best VST Synth?

Postby alexlimbert » Sun May 16, 2021 11:49 pm

I like Serum, Razor and Sylenth1 for songs and Omnisphere for sounds, many of them are based on samples though.
alexlimbert
Poster

Postby Zukan » Tue May 18, 2021 8:44 am

I think this topic is a two parter, one that deals with vstis that sound good and others that offer deep sound design potential.

Alchemy, Falcon, Papen and FXPansion synths reign supreme when it comes down to sound design. For sound I'd opt for UHE and Eric's shit.
Zukan

Postby BJG145 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:02 am

Zukan wrote:Alchemy, Falcon, Papen and FXPansion synths reign supreme when it comes down to sound design.

Useful thread, +1 for Papen, Blue 2 has been a long-term favourite.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby Alperian » Sat May 29, 2021 11:05 pm

Zukan wrote:I think this topic is a two parter, one that deals with vstis that sound good and others that offer deep sound design potential.

Probably a multi-parter:
1/ It was a trick question (which I have inadvertently learned from this thread, because there is no one uberalles solution) although perhaps Omnisphere is the most complete killer synth out of the box, but if you are a sound designer there are better products there depending on your type of music.

2/ The more that I learn about IL Harmor, the better it is as a work in progress at the greatest solution to unify the different synth modes (FM, Subtractive, granular etc.). The one synth to rule them all.

3/ There are dozens of VST synths out there that have 4 oscillators or more. Many of them the equal of Pigments, if not better. But of course it depends on your needs. Can you name them any?

4/ The more processing (CPU power) that has appeared & becomes available, then the better the modelling. Modartt has proven that sample technology will become a thing of the past in a few years. soon anything will be able to be modelled with such supreme accuracy that actual discrete transistors and capacitors in anything but power supplies and bus regulators will be long gone.

5/ Oh yeah! if these analogue things are built in China, then all this must be a good thing right?
Alperian
Poster

Previous