You are here

Montage query - triggering patterns from controllers

For fans of synths, pianos or keyboard instruments of any sort.

Moderator: Moderators

Montage query - triggering patterns from controllers

Postby BJG145 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:20 pm

I just heard from an old friend who has a great collection of synths, but he's more of a musician than a geek and was wondering if I could help figure something out.

He's using keyboards including an Oasys and Montage live. He also mentioned a SubZero ControlPad and a Korg nanoPAD. No computers involved.

He's currently trying to figure out how to use one of these pad controllers to trigger patterns of notes; up to 10 notes, one note at a time, non-repeating patterns. I think he's trying to do this via Pattern Mode on the Montage. He seems to have hit a four-note limit with the nanoPAD and hasn't got very far with the ControlPad either.

I'm not familiar with any of this gear, so before I start ploughing through manuals, does anyone have any idea if this is possible...?
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Re: Montage query - triggering patterns from controllers

Postby N i g e l » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:50 am

playing 1 key riffs on the MODX/Montage should be do-able using a user arppigator with looping set to off. That could be controlled from a pads over MIDI.

Im not sure how you would single step thru the notes on the riff, if thats what you want - sounds like you could just set up the controller with a note on a pad, 1 pad per step and then press the pads in a linear sequence ?
N i g e l
Frequent Poster

Re: Montage query - triggering patterns from controllers

Postby BJG145 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:14 pm

N i g e l wrote:playing 1 key riffs on the MODX/Montage should be do-able using a user arppigator with looping set to off. That could be controlled from a pads over MIDI.

OK, thanks...! I was looking through the manual earlier and I thought that might be the way to do it, so that's what I've suggested... :thumbup:
BJG145
Jedi Poster