You are here

Stands suitable for AE22 monitors?

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Stands suitable for AE22 monitors?

Postby MartinJG » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:27 pm

I know the AE22 is designed to sit on a mixing desk but this is not possible in my own case as my desk is just not wide enough. I really need to mount them on decent stands at the recommended 2 metre plus distance apart to get the best out of them. Can anyone recommend some decent stands or am I better off making my own as seems to be the case with a lot of folk.

Thanks

Martin
MartinJG
Regular

Re: Stands suitable for AE22 monitors?

Postby JamesSimpson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:06 pm

I have some quiklok things, the taller ones, they are alright, solid enough certainly.
JamesSimpson
Frequent Poster
Squarehead Jam Jar Facebook Jam Jar

Postby . . . Delete This User . . . » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:15 pm

I get mine from www.customdesign.co.uk

they make them to order to whatever height you need , with angled top plates if necessary, in assorted finishes, can supply with spikes for carpet, or rubber feet for wood floors (adjustable) , have some of the best inert filler material i've yet found (way better than sand) , and are pretty reasonably priced.....

(and are the people who make AE's own stands for their hi-fi stuff)
. . . Delete This User . . .
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Dave B » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 pm

+1 for the custom design ones. They are a bit good.
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby steve355 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 pm

Actually I have the tall quiklok ones and wasn't too impressed. Apparently you are supposed to fill them with sand but it leaked out all over the floor. Also, any triangular based stand (unless heavily weighed down) isn't ideal for holding heavy speakers as there are 3 directions it will readily fall if pushed. So not ideal for a home studio that kids sometimes sneak into.
steve355
Frequent Poster

Postby MarcB » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:09 pm

http://www.jaspers-alu.de/eng/index1.html

these aren't bad for little money (£130ish) , a bit cheap made though compared to others. They're chip board/mdf with hollow metal tubes but surprisingly quite stable once you fill the tubes.

I use them because they're the only things I could find with large 30cm top plates under £600 a pair.

MarcB
Regular

Postby MartinJG » Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks all for your feedback. Have decided to make my own. Tried the Samson M200, similar to the Quickloks but just too flimsy.

Sorry about the delay in response but when I log in there are no answers displayed on this thread. I only picked up your replies when I did a search. How do I rectify this?

Thanks again

M
MartinJG
Regular