You are here

window behind monitors.... best way to treat this??

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: window behind monitors.... best way to treat this??

Postby Scottdru » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:13 pm

bert stoltenborg wrote:goddammit these smileys are so [ ****** ] cool! :protest:

Hehe . . . Image

:D
Scottdru
Frequent Poster
Scott --Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Postby Scott R. Foster » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:45 am

Ethan?

Just to be clear... you don't think you need a reverb chamber to do those LF absorbtion tests right?

Got those figures on 701, 703, and 705 together yet?
Scott R. Foster
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:27 am

Foz wrote:Just to be clear... you don't think you need a reverb chamber to do those LF absorbtion tests right?

Er.... Are you making this up as you go along? Ethan and Brian appeared to be talking about assessing interference patterns in the room, not doing "absorbtion tests"....

One of your favourite Graemlins is called for...

:headbang:

hugh
;)
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Scott R. Foster » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:46 pm

Thanks for keeping us on topic Hugh

:headbang:
Scott R. Foster
Regular

Postby Brian Ravnaas » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:12 pm

i should like to add that i propose nothing formal, nothing intended to replace the official standards, nothing like that.

and i happen to have a keen curiosity about this "a bad wall helps low frequency modal problems" concept since a fellow on another forum posted it a month or so back, and since it is something that gets discussed from time to time, and since i can't fathom how it could be so.

and building a very bad wall, like a single sheet of 1/4" drywaqll, and testing the in-room response, comparing that to the same with a rigid, high TL wall in place, and taking said very bad wall back out will waste a day or so... but it would be worth the time for the sake of curiosity and the general interest. I don't have an accredited reverb room ala IBM or Riverbank, etc., nor would the tests purport to be up to any official level. i just happen to have acces to two small reverb rooms with a parition/opening and a very low level of absorption / high level of modal activity.

and the test seems reasonable enough, and considering that i must have seen a dozen threads on this topic over my limited time on the web, it seems to be interesting to many. The tests would just intend to take a peek at this singular topic - can a very bad wall mitigate modal response in a room.

take care everybody

Brian
Brian Ravnaas
Poster

Previous