You are here

Digital amplifier repair (Flying Mole) - help needed

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: Digital amplifier repair (Flying Mole) - help needed

Postby samlogic30 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:16 pm

Hello NS100M,

I was given 50 of these amps to repair, and with no schematics and parts I found that usually the power FET transistors and the preamp components are the cause of audio quality degeneration.

If your amp uses the same circuitry I may be able to help in the late phase of these flyingmole units.
samlogic30
New here

Postby NS1000M » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:19 am

Hi,yes I believe your DAD 100 is the same
Circuit the 310.how do I contact you :beamup:
NS1000M

Postby zenguitar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:13 am

Now you have had 3 posts approved you have access to the forum's private message system.

If you look at samlogic30's post above you will see an envelope symbol at the bottom. Click on this and it will take you to a page where you can write your message. You will see samlogic30's name and below it a white text box. Ignore this box, it is where you can add additional recipients but people often get caught out and try to write their message there. Instead, scroll down and you will see a larger box. Write your message there and send.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
liberté, frivolité et vanité

Postby seant » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Wow, delighted to find this thread. I've got one of the Flying Mole DAD amps that has exhibited the distortion problem for many years and gave up hope.

samlogic30 -- I don't know if you're still able to repair these things but it would be awesome if you can.
seant

Postby Online Production » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi Dave

I Have the same problem, one of my Flying Moles which is housed in a TB2-A PMC did exactly the same thing. Did you manage to get it fixed? Are you willing to sell the good one, I will pay a good price for it. Did you find a good alternative.

All the Best
Online Production
Online Production

Postby samlogic30 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:50 am

Hello All,

I have not tried to gather parts for these unit but I may try again. If I do and the supplier is still in business I may be able to repair the basic distortion issues.

I'm in the USA so shipping may be a pricey not including the repair.

Samlogic30
samlogic30
New here

Postby Online Production » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:10 am

Hi Sam

I believe the company went bust many years ago, however their website is still fully functional which is strange. It would be great that someone would be able to fix these units as there is a great demand for this. I would certainly ship to USA

All the best
Online Production

Previous