You are here

New Studio Build - Summerly Studios

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: New Studio Build - Summerly Studios

Postby Wonks » Tue May 22, 2018 12:20 pm

But you'd still need a fresh air supply, and that, though small, could cause problems when its cold outside if it wasn't at least heated. You could have used a packaged heat exchanger unit complete with fans to minimise any temperature impact , but you'd still need somewhere to put it out of the way and you'd need attenuators (though smaller).
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: New Studio Build - Summerly Studios

Postby Tonyes335 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Control room being boarded with it’s OSB layer. This was followed with 3 layers of plasterboard and has now been plastered and painted. Every layer caulked etc.

The following link should lead to images of the room in it’s current state and the final dimensions. I just need to make the bass traps and put in the glass which is due Monday 4th Mar. On the ticket the total glass weight was well over 1/2 tonne for the 4 openings. That will be a combination of 12.8,10.8 and 8.8mm acoustic laminate.

Once the bass traps are done I will cover with fabric and the same goes for the ceiling.

I ended up outsourcing the acoustic panels as I needed quite a few. They should be with me 11 March.

The live room is also nearly done so will update on that soon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/Db1izmFs8KlTGbBdsYMprdHxPuJvLY4NAgNgVzsnlCf

Tonyes335
Regular
This diary also on Facebook page @summerlystudios

Previous