You are here

New Studio Build - Summerly Studios

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: New Studio Build - Summerly Studios

Postby AudioPhilisopher » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Wowzer, that's a build to envy. I wish I had the space and budget to build something like this.

I know the thread is old, it's a shame the pics were deleted. I wanted to see what the final build looked like,

Also how was the sound insulation?

My dream would be to build an underground studio, sort of like how colin furze made his underground bunker (although he has stupid amounts of Youtube money to do whatever he wants).

I reckon you could have a drummer in his bunker and you wouldn't hear a thing.
AudioPhilisopher
New here

Re: New Studio Build - Summerly Studios

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 am

AudioPhilisopher wrote:My dream would be to build an underground studio, sort of like how colin furze made his underground bunker (although he has stupid amounts of Youtube money to do whatever he wants).

Acoustically, I agree. Also it's undeniably extremely cool :-)

If I recall correctly, it wasn't youtube money that paid for his extraordinary underground bunker but Sky sponsership. More power to his elbow, his content is brilliant!

In my case I use studio space not only for engineering but for inspiration, so being underground in a room without a window that has a nice view would feel a bit weird. not that my current space has such a view but I've always considered that a massive compromise and I'm hatching plans to mitigate that.

If that wasn't a consideration though...
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Previous