You are here

Roland: Perishing Glue on Key Weights.

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: Roland: Perishing Glue on Key Weights.

Postby justnicolyn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 am

I’m desperate here. I’ve gone through the horror of the red glue plague on my Roland ep7. I made the mistake of not writing down the key parts in order to put it all back together. Anyone have this magical order? HELP!
justnicolyn

Re: Roland: Perishing Glue on Key Weights.

Postby BillB » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Don't panic! Look at a photo (google) or a graphic (manual?) of your keyboard. Note which key the keyboard starts with. Arrange the keys working from left to right, noting that white keys E and F butt-up against each other between D# and F# black keys, and the same with B/C between A#/C#.

Possibly G and A will be left/right mirror images of each other, fitting in the narrow gaps between the 3 black keys, then D is probably symmetrical, fitting between the two black keys.

From recollection with the JD-800, the white key shapes can only go together with the black ones in one way. If you set them out carefully and note the subtle differences (especially for the top and bottom keys!) you should be fine.

The little numbers printed on the keys don't matter - just the shapes!
BillB
Frequent Poster

Previous