You are here

Replacement fader caps for Arturia keyboard

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Replacement fader caps for Arturia keyboard

Postby Chromeman » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:40 pm

I've just bought an Arturia Laboratory 49 keyboard for peanuts - the only things missing are the 9 fader caps which look like they sit on a 4mm shaft. Any idea where I could get replacements? Don't need originals, just something generic.
Chromeman
Regular

Re: Replacement fader caps for Arturia keyboard

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:18 am

Hi Chromeman!

The most generic of all 4mm sider caps are these, available all over the place:

e.g from https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/index.php?mai ... ts_id=3252 @44 pence

Don't be tricked into buying 'vintage' slider caps from various synths on eBay - they can be priced at £4 or more a time :headbang:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby zenguitar » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:03 am

And it's always worth contacting Arturia about the price of spares. If they don't supply direct a friendly Arturia dealer should have access through them.

We often find that people post here asking about parts/support without even thinking to go direct to the manufacturer. And once it is suggested here it is not uncommon for people to report back that the manufacturer was very helpful.

These days it's so easy to post online asking for help that we forget to use the traditional support channels.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby Chromeman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 am

Thanks guys. Yes, you're absolutely right about not thinking of talking to Arturia direct. I suppose it's a legacy product but will def. give them a try.
Chromeman
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Do let us know what Arturia say!

As Andy mentions, many companies have spares departments for such things - I contacted Korg a few years back and bought some official Korg MS-20 knobs for my mods, and they look FAR better than similarly-looking clone knobs 8-)

I mainly recommended those generic slider caps because that's what you said you wanted ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Chromeman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:23 pm

Arturia did respond pretty quickly but they didn't have any spares left due to the age of the product. Anyway I bought some generic ones (9 for £4.50 incl postage) and they look fine.
Chromeman
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi Chromeman!

Well done to Arturia for responding quickly, and thanks for letting us know that you resolved your problem :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker