You are here

Active Speakers Powering

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: Active Speakers Powering

Postby Sam Spoons » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:11 am

Just a thought, how valuable/precious is this device? If it was destined for landfill before you found a use for it then the consequences of getting it wrong are small (little or no danger to life or limb, some danger of killing the speakers). A little time understanding basic electrical circuits (at little more than light switch level) would prove useful in the future for a musician/DJ/sound guy?
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby tannaroo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Well its not precious but I'm still not sure of the end result. For example, even if I was to identify each wire in the 4 way connector to the main unit , would it just a case of connecting say a wire (lets call it 1) with another wire (lets call it 2) and likewise with the remaining 2 wires, thereby creating a loop back to the active speaker unit?
tannaroo
New here

Postby Sam Spoons » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes, that's pretty much it :thumbup: Twisting them together and taping the bare ends will work, choccy block connecters is a little more elegant.....

Connect the wrong ones together and theres a reasonable chance you'll destroy the PSU and they become a bin job but there is no actual danger (other than, possibly, the bang as the magic blue smoke escapes making you jump). Back me up on this Dave, those wires can't possibly be carrying 230VAC can they......
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Previous