You are here

EVI Restoration

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: EVI Restoration

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:20 pm

I've PM'd BJG145 on his behalf to draw his attention to the enquiry.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby BJG145 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Thanks Hugh.

Hi calou46 - this is what Berglund sent me. (Click for full resolution.)

I got mine repaired in the UK by Adrian Dolente at Synth Restore. In the US, they can be serviced by Matt Traum at Patchman.

(I guess you're familiar with the "Zero/Sens" controls under "Breath" which are accessed via a screwdriver without dismantling anything...? The first thing I'd try would be to centre "Sens" and sweep "Zero" from min to max to see if it produces any sound. If so, you can simply back "Zero" off until it goes quiet and then try the breath sensor.)
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby Mike Stranks » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Wonks wrote:
Mike Stranks wrote:
calou46 wrote:Hello, I am in possession of the same evi as you. it worked for a while, but today nothing. I understand that you have schemas provided by Berglund Instruments. Will it be possible to provide them. I dream of bringing this ancestor back to life. Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome!

It might be more effective to send a Personal Message (PM) to the Original Poster rather than hope he'll spot this addition to the thread... Either way: Good Luck with the project!

But he can't yet because calou46's only made one post. PMs unlock after three approved posts.

Ah! Not many people know that... :)
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby calou46 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi BJG145 thank you for your answer.
Thank you to everyone who relayed my message.
I am very happy, I live in France, so I do not have access to these repairers. also with the help of the schema I will be able to help myself. Another big thank you to everyone. As soon as I have advanced in my troubleshooting I'll share with you if you're interested.

Good evening to all
calou46

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:27 pm

:thumbup:
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Previous