You are here

Yamaha G10 Repair

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: Yamaha G10 Repair

Postby Wonks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:55 am

The quoted 10 ms processing time doesn't seem 'blisteringly' fast to me. It's quick, but for a fretboard scanning device, I'd have expected something faster.

It suggests to me that they are possibly using the standard Graphtec piezo MIDI module in conjunction with a fretboard device that confirms the note selection to avoid mistriggering, rather than an all-new note detection system.
But I'm only guessing.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: Yamaha G10 Repair

Postby designer_14830 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 pm

The G10-to-G10C cable connector is Hirose RP13A-12PD-15SC(71), plus 14 (or 15 to populate every position of the connector) socket contacts, Hirose RP13A-SC-121. Currently, there appears to be no inventory is the US, although Mouser Electronics has some on order with an anticipated arrival of November 11:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Hi ... wYsw%3D%3D

There is also a distributor in Hong Kong that shows some inventory, but I have not confirmed it.

You can make a cable, as I did, using these connectors and a suitable cable with enough conductors; I found an old printer cable that did the job. You must be very careful to trim and strip each of the conductors to be as close to the same length as possible.
designer_14830

Previous