You are here

Back and Busy Building

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Back and Busy Building

Postby Taxman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:57 am

Hello There,

Not been around for a long long time (emigrating, marrying, kids etc.!) and have finally moved most of my studio equipment over here to Australia. Sold the tape machine and bought a Tascam DP32SD which is excellent fun with a brilliant workflow (I just can't do screens).

Anyhoo I've been busy in the shed and designed and built myself a workstation, mini height adjustable booth (works great!) from an old pallet and a 1x12 guitar cab. Next up is further acoustic treatment and some isolation pads for my monitors.

Everything has to be portable because we have friends and family stay in my studio, ahem, I mean spare room, plus we are renters. The workstation is great I designed it to simply be unplugged and wee enough to move through doorways and hallways etc.

I've been busy recording again and am totally loving it.

Just wanted to say hello really and as always I've been reading the ever helpful posts on this forum, so thank you.

Cheers, Sam

I've tried to add a photo. We'll see how that goes.

Taxman
Regular

Re: Back and Busy Building

Postby Folderol » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:37 am

Looks quite a solid construction.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Re: Back and Busy Building

Postby Taxman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:25 am

‘Tis indeed and is fit for purpose. I don’t know if it shows in the image but there’s a headphone hook under the desktop which I quite like.
Taxman
Regular