You are here

Whisper quiet AC unit recommendations

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: Whisper quiet AC unit recommendations

Postby stavrakas » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:03 am

Thank you Wonks and Max for all your help so far, it is much appreciated. I am going to have a chat with my AC installer again to try and get to the bottom of this.

Have found it extremely difficult I must admit to find tradesmen who really know their stuff and who are willing to take the time to do a proper job.

Stavros
stavrakas
Poster

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:12 pm

Wonks wrote:This should be better. I think the other images are thumbnails.

interesting window dimension.....

Methinks the suspicion of massaged just a little under size figures, to be able to quote cheap and win the job might be rearing it's head.
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby currentsound » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:19 am

I have issues with my AC unit bringing street noise in from the hole in the wall that the unit goes through. Something else that might be a concern for you. Most studios I see have the AC in another room and then fans and ducting that bring the cool air in from the room the AC is in into the tracking and control room.

I have heard LG Art Cool is supposed to be pretty quiet though but I haven't heard or used it myself. I like the idea of the Art Cool because they put a smaller hole in the wall. My last studio had an evaporative AC which was good as most the noise was outside on the roof and not heard much from the inside so you could actually have it on when recording.
currentsound
Poster

Previous