You are here

Can you use a 9V battery in place of a 9V PSU on a Korg D4?

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: Can you use a 9V battery in place of a 9V PSU on a Korg D4?

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Most analogue pedals are so frugal that PP3s work just fine, in fact even with most of the power hungry digital pedals* PP3 battery life is often pretty ok as long as you remember to unplug the guitar lead when you stop :blush: .

* not all though, and my TC Ditto loopers have room for two PP3s wired in parallel.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:41 pm

garrettendi wrote:
Hugh Robjohns wrote:Bear in mind that the maximum current is 1A at 9V and less at higher voltages.

Hi Hugh! Not sure what you mean here?

The DC-DC adaptor cable that the Elf linked has defined supply current limitations. The 9V version can put out 1 amp maximum. That's plenty for many applications, but not all, so check the current demand of the device to be powered by this cable. The higher voltage versions (12 and 18V) have a correspondingly smaller current capability.

I considered the 12V version to power my Hammond SKX al fresco, but that requires 1.25A and the cable adaptor can only provide 0.75A
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby The Elf » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:32 pm

That company are good at doing the research for you and advising what will work, so ask them if you're unsure.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Previous