You are here

Blank Studio Canvas - Where do I start

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

Re: Blank Studio Canvas - Where do I start

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:32 pm

I used Cara fabric on my panels and the results look far more professional than my modest DIY skills would suggest. It ain't cheap but it is easy to get a decent result.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby blinddrew » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:04 pm

+1 for that.
Not sure where you're based, but someone in London was selling a stack of home-made treatment panels in the small ads earlier this week >>>>
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Scouser » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:49 pm

Ok, so as mentioned I am going to make 3 panels from the 2 existing ones.

This will mean 3 panels 80cm wide, as I mentioned in the earlier post it was my hope to fire down the room from the chimney breast end that has now changed, it will be the other way around.

I just wanted some advice on where the panels would be put to best use, ie I have 4 possible spaces and 3 panels, here is diagram of room https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZydUIy ... R-PpS/view ( hopefully that link works if not it can be found on page 1 of this post. I am aiming for the 25/30% coverage that Hugh suggested.

Thanks
Scouser
Frequent Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:30 pm

You've really got to do the left and right mirror points. So the debate is just what to do with the third panel. The back wall/ chimney breast, the front wall behind the speakers, or as a ceiling cloud? I'd try all three and see which works best.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Previous