You are here

SOHO rack equipment

Customising, building or repairing your own gear? Need help with acoustic treatment or soundproofing? Ask away…

SOHO rack equipment

Postby Moroccomoose » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:59 pm

I have recently stumbled upon the SOHO rack system which is essentially a 10" version of a 19" rack.

I found SOHO rack power distribution block that looks like it might fit nicely onto my punched angle shelving....but I can't find any spec details to be sure. I want to know if the enclosure body will fit between the uprights of the shelf, allowing me to fix to the shelf uprights by the ears.

My guess is that the rack ears have the same geometry as the 19" big brother, so the size of the allowable enclosure is the same as a 19" rack enclosure minus 9"

Can anyone confirm or find a link to some spec or dimensions?

Stu.
Moroccomoose
Regular

Re: SOHO rack equipment

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi Stu,

Phew - took a bit of online tracking, but I finally discovered at least a little information on this site:

https://www.connectixcablingsystems.com ... query=soho

They don't offer detailed dimensions, but the individual product PDF files do offer a bit of info, such as this one: https://www.connectixcablingsystems.com ... ment=37195

Hope it helps!

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Moroccomoose » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:15 am

Ahh well done Martin! :thumbup:

Only down side is I have confirmed it won't fit! :headbang: The punched holes in the shelf uprights are just too far apart.

Maybe with some jiggery pokery I'd get it to go.

On the flip side, you saved me a bit of cash taking a chance on just buying the mini distro unit!

Cheers,

Stu.
Moroccomoose
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:38 am

Saving someone cash is always rewarding ;)

Martin
Martin Walker