You are here

Hey everyone, I would love it if you listened to my new song :)

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

Hey everyone, I would love it if you listened to my new song :)

Postby MusicInMyMind13 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:24 am

Hello everyone, I'm Michelle and I'm writing a song called stuck in the past about when you have a crush and time passes by and you don't forget him, and the audio here in the link is a Little clip of it because I haven't learned the full lyrics but I hope you enjoy it, please give me opinions and suggestions for when I make the full one, tell me what it made you feel, these kind of comments would be so greatly apreciated!!! :) :) Here is the link: http://michelletheswifty13.tumblr.com/post/135289620853/michelletheswifty13-hello-guys-here-is-a
Thank you so so much, have an excelent day and GOD bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
MusicInMyMind13
New here

Re: Hey everyone, I would love it if you listened to my new song :)

Postby Exalted Wombat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:48 pm

I've heard a lot worse. And, well done, I could understand every word. Unusual these days.

Adele's made a career out of versions of this song. There's room for you too. Are you going to work on the production yourself, hand it over to a band or team up with a home-studio type of guy (or gal)?
Exalted Wombat
Jedi Poster
You don't have to write songs. The world doesn't want you to write songs. It would probably prefer it if you didn't. So write songs if you want to. Otherwise, dont. Go fishing instead.

Postby MusicInMyMind13 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:09 pm

First of all, thank you so so much for having taken the time to listen to this song and rate it. It's cool that you understood everything, that was my purpose :) I would like to ask... what do you mean with "I've Heard a lot worse?" wasn't it original enough? What does it need? I'm here to grow as a songwriter and Singer and this kind of constructive criticism would be helpful, too. Well... About production: To be honest I'm planning on leaving it acoustic because I have the piano and equipment (interface, monitors, microphone...) but naturally as I'm 15 and have school and things to do (though now it's Winter break) if I atempted to record it with several instruments you know drums, guitar, piano, strings, bass... it would take around 6 months because my parents don't know technucal music stuff (they just listen) and I'd have to do everything by myself. These numbers are not just obtained by calculating, I've lived it and it was a previous experience, and it got me upset that even if I had the song after that long period, it still wouldn't get the success I wanted and artists get it ready in 10 days or less hahaha. Yeah I know I'm just starting out but I don't really know what to do with what I make... I don't have a band near to contact who would play for me I guess, or probably I've just never analysed that possibility. But here my best idea I think would be hand it to a producer-home studio man to see what he does with it on arrangements etc... But I live in a small town and there are no such recording studios and stuff here. Probably online? What would you recommend on this case? I'm trying to get discovered somehow...
MusicInMyMind13
New here

Postby Richard Graham » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:07 pm

I wouldn't worry about how original it is, or otherwise. You're obviously a decent songwriter, meaning you can write a pleasant sounding tune with words. I like it!

You need to get a piano-playing music producer on the case. Your playing is fine for songwriting but not for recording.
Richard Graham
Frequent Poster
"If a nail is bent, stop hitting it."

Postby Exalted Wombat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:07 pm

Actually I thought the playing was OK, though it's a clunky recording of a clunky piano, and it cries out for more instruments after the first section.

The singing is quite effective, in the 15-year-old character. But you'll need to sing better when you're a grown-up 16. So start the vocal lessons now.

"There was a young man from Japan
Whose limericks never would scan.
When told this was so,
He replied "Yes, I know
But I always try to get as many words into the last line as I possibly can."

Point taken? That sort of helter-skelter writing CAN work. I don't think yours does, quite. But keep working on it.

That's what I meant by "I've heard worse". You're far from rubbish. But it needs to get better, both in songwriting and performance. You can do it!
Exalted Wombat
Jedi Poster
You don't have to write songs. The world doesn't want you to write songs. It would probably prefer it if you didn't. So write songs if you want to. Otherwise, dont. Go fishing instead.

Postby MusicInMyMind13 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Yeah vocal lessons would be amazing, as they'd give me techniques and show me how to get better. Maybe it affected the recording that it was done just from my pone, nothing fancy. I agree it would be so so so much better with instruments on the prechorus and chorus sections :) Thank you so so much for your advice you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
MusicInMyMind13
New here

Postby Dynamic Mike » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi Michelle, If I'm not mistaken you've posted here before with a link to your you tube page. If so, I'd like to give you an honest opinion & some genuinely well meant advice. I understand the Taylor Swift adulation thing you've got going on, it's not an issue & you'll outgrow that. When you sing in English it's okay, no better, no worse than many other 15 year old girls. But when you sing in Spanish it's a little bit special, I think that is what you should be developing. Feel free to take no notice whatsoever, I know that's what I'd have done when I was 15. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dynamic Mike
Frequent Poster (Level2)

#indyref/bestof3

Postby alexis » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:15 am

Wow, that sounded really good! The whole song really flowed, the rhythm changes were nice, and voice was good too, meaning not of course that it is in Taylor Swift or Adelle territory, but that it had a lot of emotion in there, and was very pleasant to listen to, and the phrasing was varied to keep the interest going.

Congratulations!
alexis
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Cubase 9.0.1; i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W10 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro3.2

Postby jellyjim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Yay that's really sweet, good effort girl :)

I'm hearing quirkiness too not just commercial Swift stuff. Joanna Newsom maybe

Yeah work to be done in all areas but we all have work to do! Best thing is you're fifteen, you could practice your chops solidly for five years and you'd still be really really young!

Definitely continue
jellyjim
Frequent Poster
Original artwork and unique devices inspired by vintage technology http://www.thisisobsolete.com

Postby DC-Choppah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:03 am

The young girls all love Taylor Swift! You know she is very talented and smart and not at all commercial or absorbed in the culture. She is her own woman and I respect her. My little girl loves her too.

I'm glad you guys have someone to look up to who is a great person.

I am totally hearing her singing your song.

Your clunky piano sound needs some work though. Work on that if you want her to hear your music.

Peace

DC
DC-Choppah
Frequent Poster