You are here

Crazy Original Songwriting Right Here,,

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

Crazy Original Songwriting Right Here,,

Postby Jathon Delsy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:17 pm

Feast your ears on this folks, and tell me what you think,,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYYGEMARuY8
Jathon Delsy
Regular
https://www.youtube.com/user/jathondelsy

Re: Crazy Original Songwriting Right Here,,

Postby petev3.1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Fab!

Bonzo Dog, Viv Stanshall, the weirder moments of Soft Machine. Madness, Ian Drury, Jake Thackery, they all came to mind.
petev3.1
Frequent Poster

Postby Jathon Delsy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:50 pm

Thanks petev3.1 for your kind appreciation and comparisons. I'm flattered to be likened to Soft Machine with their arty experimentalism, and also Jake Thackery with his clever poetical lyrics.
Jathon Delsy
Regular
https://www.youtube.com/user/jathondelsy

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:37 am

Yeah, it's very original. Sooooo refreshing. I reckon your stuff is fab!

Postby Ramoon » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:39 am

Very nice!

Maybe you could share your production chain to get such a unique sound? Understood if you're not able, it would be interesting though.

Well done!
Ramoon

Postby VOLOVIA » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:59 am

Cool, the kind of stuff I liked to listen to in the 70s, a bit Zappa e prog here and there.
Others have rightly complimented you on this effort, maybe I should add a bit of critic, as someone that likes what you did. The 10% I did not like is down I presume to budget. Overall, this is a kind of music that begs for real musicians, especially drums.
Imagine a Neil Conti under T. Dolby what he could add. Then, the lead guitar sound, unless it is meant to be 'fuzzy transistor radio sound' and produced thus, then it's fine... but TO ME, it sounds very cheap.
The video, fully understanding again about budget (mine are zoomed photos, the preacher says!), however, a static camera with a background of screen savers get very tedious very soon. Maybe you should have moved the camera to different positions and done some creative editing afterwards; given your undeniable music creativity, you could have flexed your muscles there as well. It's cheap, free editing on iMovie for instance.

Again, NOT a criticism of the 90% of the music, which is very pleasant, but a 'friendly' point of view.

Which brings me to a little anecdote on the subject of 'friendly reviews': an old friend of mine invited me over to his studio a few years back and played me tracks from his new CD asking for an opinion. Great. I liked it, but I found the drums mixed too low and the voice not right in certain places. Sure it can be fixed relatively easily and then be great! He turned annoyingly and said that I was listening to the finished product, expensively mastered. I don't know why, but that was the last time he invited me over. Taught me a valuable lesson to keep my gab shut (apart from this case ;) ). A bit of "does my bottom look big on these..."...
VOLOVIA
Regular
VOLOVIA - FACEBOOK - TWITTER Songwriter/guitarist