You are here

Help convince me Mars bars aren't actually getting smaller!

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

Re: Help convince me Mars bars aren't actually getting smaller!

Postby Mike Senior » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:12 am

blinddrew wrote:I remember that, we still get it in York.

...where the Yorkies come from, obviously.
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster
Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio | Recording Secrets for the Small Studio

Postby Logarhythm » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:23 am

Ok, I can do you five syllables in a track that I think is currently in the UK singles top ten (although I'd rather not) - "methamphetamine" in Eminem's Lucky You.

God I hate sharing cars with work colleagues. Eight hours of driving and £100 or so of petrol would have been a small price to pay for being able to listen to my own music.
Also saying "did he just say 'methamphetamine'? Brilliant!" out loud means I've now got to explain a sudden interest in Eminem and what is brilliant about meth :?
Mike, I hope this is appreciated as I may get to work on Monday to find that HR want to speak to me about a few things :mrgreen:
Logarhythm
Frequent Poster
Location: On an intergalactic voyage to collect fresh electrons

Postby blinddrew » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:27 am

I'm not sure they still do actually, think they may have gone to the Czech Republic along with the kit kats.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby blinddrew » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:38 am

Logarhythm wrote:Ok, I can do you five syllables in a track that I think is currently in the UK singles top ten (although I'd rather not) - "methamphetamine" in Eminem's Lucky You.

God I hate sharing cars with work colleagues. Eight hours of driving and £100 or so of petrol would have been a small price to pay for being able to listen to my own music.
Also saying "did he just say 'methamphetamine'? Brilliant!" out loud means I've now got to explain a sudden interest in Eminem and what is brilliant about meth :?
Mike, I hope this is appreciated as I may get to work on Monday to find that HR want to speak to me about a few things :mrgreen:

Same song gives you "acetaminophen" which I think is six? Not really sure how it's pronounced. Too innocent for this stuff. :)

Eminem also makes the top ten with a song with 5 (uncomfortable) as does Kanye (inappropriate) so there clearly are multi-syllabic hits out there, we're just grumpy old men who aren't down with the kids! :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:15 am

Hm, bit of a sweet off-topic thread developing here. We lived in East Ham for 10 years back in the 70s and 80s. Our house (we had a flat in it) was quite a big one with the word TREBOR incised in the front. It had apparently been built for a senior manager of Trebor, whose factory was just up the road.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
Disclaimer: I don't claim to know anything at all.

Postby Mike Senior » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Ah yes -- Acetaminophen is a cracker! And there are plenty of other juicy words in thatrap too. Good old Eminem!

Logarhythm wrote:Mike, I hope this is appreciated as I may get to work on Monday to find that HR want to speak to me about a few things :mrgreen:

Your sacrifice is appreciated! :) You've staved off my curmudgeonism. Now I'm off to write a song with anticurmudgeonism in it...
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:20 pm

I used to drive by the International Flavour Factory on the way to school. Everyday a different usually fruit based scent permeated the air for kilometers.
Back on topic
Hey what about country music lyrics ...... the word shedonemewronginmuhpickuptruck is gotta be at least 5. :!: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Indeed, and folk music can contribute folderroladdyiaye and wackfoladiddleol.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
Disclaimer: I don't claim to know anything at all.

Postby Logarhythm » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:15 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:I used to drive by the International Flavour Factory on the way to school. Everyday a different usually fruit based scent permeated the air for kilometers.
This is what my job smells like. Or at least it did, until I got put on gardening leave for my meth problem ;)
Logarhythm
Frequent Poster
Location: On an intergalactic voyage to collect fresh electrons

Postby Mike Senior » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:50 am

ConcertinaChap wrote:Indeed, and folk music can contribute folderroladdyiaye and wackfoladiddleol.
CC

I'd eliminated those at the same time I eliminated Rihanna's Umbellaellaellaella...
Mike Senior
Frequent Poster

Previous