You are here

Probably the best thing I've written for piano.

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

Probably the best thing I've written for piano.

Postby BoscoOsco » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:57 pm

4, 3, 2, 1....blast off! My newest piano piece Rockets is probably the most enjoyable to play out of all my pieces for piano. With a lot of cool jumps in the right hand with virtuosic left hand turns, it all sits under the hands nicely. A lot of textural changes that keep the piece constantly moving and exploring new things allows for an awesome experience with the bell-like count-down reoccurring time and time again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNLTFlKrLoc
BoscoOsco
Poster

Re: Probably the best thing I've written for piano.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 am

My congratulations on an interesting piece, very well performed. I was particularly impressed with the left hand work - I really need to improve mine.

In the spirit of one fellow pianist to another, I think you'll see what I mean about the left hand with my latest (public) original piano work: https://soundcloud.com/eddy-deegan/recollection

The left hand in the piece I linked could certainly use some work. Unfortunately these days with other commitments and goals it's going to take a little time, but at least it's not something I don't know how to work on!

Bravo on your piece :clap:

PS: I initially missed your post as the SOS forums focus primarily on recording techniques, equipment. mixing and engineering as opposed to performance appraisals. Usually people post their material for feedback to a forum to which you don't get access until you have 200 posts in the main forums, hence my late reply.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my musical works.
I had a weird time in Surrey once, but that was a drummer's fault.

Postby Arpangel » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 am

Really like this, it's rare that something is so technically brilliant but also has great emotion, you've succeeded on both counts.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby pianowillbebach » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 pm

Congrats! Right hand jumps are pretty dope!
pianowillbebach
Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 am

Hi BoscoOsco,

Wow - I've only just listened to this, and it's jaw-droppingly good! :clap:

Do I detect elements of Bartok in there?

Martin
Martin Walker