You are here

My new original song "Stronger"

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

My new original song "Stronger"

Postby anna-marie music » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:46 pm

Following your advice that you wanted to see more stripped-down, authentic performances of my music, I sat down with my acoustic guitar last night and filmed a video for my newest original song, “Stronger.” I hope you all like it! https://youtu.be/4ccRSbLL9Lg

I wrote this song for my sister and her fiancé, who have been through so much together in their relationship, and have come through all the challenges with a love that’s stronger than before ❤️
anna-marie music
Poster
I've always had a passion for music. Influenced by the likes of Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, and Mandy Moore; my music style is alternative pop based with a little hint of country.

Re: My new original song "Stronger"

Postby Eddy Deegan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Hello Anna-Marie.

Much as it is good to see people being creative and posting things they have created on occasion, this forum is not intended for self promotion, rather for forum members to discuss the technical, theoretical and musical aspects of songwriting and composition.

We do provide a forum for established members to promote their work in but it requires that 200 posts have been made across all the forums before any given user can post in it.

I notice that you have engaged a little with the forum to date, but mainly it seems centred around your material and your desire to share it with a wider audience. There is nothing wrong with that goal, but this forum really isn't the correct place to do it as I outlined above.

On this occasion, I'm content to leave your latest post but do be aware that you may get negative, as well as positive feedback on it.

Going forward, it would be appreciated if you restrain from using the forum as a glorified noticeboard. We would much prefer you to engage in a wider sense with the community here and get involved in threads pertaining to other people's activities.

As you have been creating music yourself it may well be that you can give input to others doing the same thing, perhaps sharing your experiences of the creative process and/or the gear involved where it seems relevant.

Once you have 200 posts, the self-promotion forum is unlocked for you and you are welcome to use it at that point.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby blinddrew » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:46 pm

Eddy's comments notwithstanding, it's a well put together song but I'd lob a couple of suggestions in though.
Composition-wise, the 'stronger than before' feels like it needs a bit more emphasis. The first time I heard it I was expecting it to be the beginning of a chorus section rather than the conclusion of that section of the song. I'd try dropping out the guitar part completely on this phrase to make it stand out.
On the recording side it's a bit odd to have the guitar part clean but the vocal so heavily dosed in reverb, I'd have been inclined to keep the vocal really clean and up-front as well.
:)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby anna-marie music » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:00 pm

blinddrew wrote:Eddy's comments notwithstanding, it's a well put together song but I'd lob a couple of suggestions in though.
Composition-wise, the 'stronger than before' feels like it needs a bit more emphasis. The first time I heard it I was expecting it to be the beginning of a chorus section rather than the conclusion of that section of the song. I'd try dropping out the guitar part completely on this phrase to make it stand out.
On the recording side it's a bit odd to have the guitar part clean but the vocal so heavily dosed in reverb, I'd have been inclined to keep the vocal really clean and up-front as well.
:)

Thank you!!! I recorded it in my bedroom which is obviously not acoustically-treated, so, yes I completely agree with you about the reverb on the vox. The sound quality could've been a bit better in my opinion :)
anna-marie music
Poster
I've always had a passion for music. Influenced by the likes of Michelle Branch, Kelly Clarkson, and Mandy Moore; my music style is alternative pop based with a little hint of country.

Postby blinddrew » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:18 pm

Never under-estimate the beneficial effects of lobbing a thick duvet over a mic-stand - especially if you're just doing voice and guitar stuff. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...