You are here

The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black and Erkin Koray - Bir Eylül Akşamı

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black and Erkin Koray - Bir Eylül Akşamı

Postby mammy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Bir eylül akşamı was made years ago beforethe paint it black.What do you think ? The arrengement is the same .I share youtube link .Can you listen and tell me ? These songs looks like each other .Do you agree with me ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKmPlZHakQo
mammy
Regular

Re: The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black and Erkin Koray - Bir Eylül Akşamı

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:34 pm

There have a similar 'feel' but the riff, melody and chord sequence are different enough to have me thinking that Mick and Keef won't be looking over their collective shoulders...

FWIW Paint it Black was released in May 1966* while Bir Eylül Akşamı was not released until 1967**

* Wikipedia

** Youtube
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black and Erkin Koray - Bir Eylül Akşamı

Postby shufflebeat » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:10 pm

It's easy to spot similarities in production and songwriting techniques but much of this is related to contemporary norms dictated by available hardware and work practices which would have been invisible assumptions at the time. I'm noticing the same phenomenon now in music I grew up with which sounded quite diverse at the time.

In a few years we will be doing the same with today's offerings.

Also, there are a limited number of options in any "style" before you begin to sound inauthentic donut shouldn't surprise us that similarities occur.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.