You are here

What's the hype with Bose?

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: What's the hype with Bose?

Postby matt keen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:53 am

TheChorltonWheelie wrote:
Exalted Wombat wrote:A friend of mine has just acquired a Bose pole for singing to tracks in a restaurant. She enthuses over the coverage, and they look suitably trendy and expensive (this is definitely rich-bitch territory, and such things matter :-). I hope she doesn't tire of the sound.

I think they're very good for that kind of work, the sound quality is nowhere near as "poor" as someone would have you believe on this thread. For solo/duet style acts, it's perfect, and the coverage is very good, as is the clarity and throw.

Granted, it's no Martin, but it fits in a bag, and in your boot, any monkey can assemble it, and you're unlikely to get any complaints from listening audience.

I'd still rather have a pair of small EV cabs
matt keen
Frequent Poster

Postby MarkOne » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:17 am

Granted, it's no Martin, but it fits in a bag, and in your boot, any monkey can assemble it, and you're unlikely to get any complaints from listening audience.

I think this is one of the big attractions for me...

I need to cart a 76 key Fantom, a stand and some kind of amplification around. I have a little car with 2 seats and a tiny boot. I have yet to see anything else that gives a reasonable full range sound that packs down so well, apart maybe for the tiny HK thingies
MarkOne
Frequent Poster
Debut Album 'Fantasy Bridge' available now!

Postby Exalted Wombat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:30 am

MarkOne wrote:

I think this is one of the big attractions for me...

I need to cart a 76 key Fantom, a stand and some kind of amplification around. I have a little car with 2 seats and a tiny boot. I have yet to see anything else that gives a reasonable full range sound that packs down so well, apart maybe for the tiny HK thingies

When carrying in equipment to cover every inch of a restaurant, I sometimes wonder at just HOW annoyingly audible the chef's radio is when he leaves the kitchen door open :-)
Exalted Wombat
Jedi Poster
You don't have to write songs. The world doesn't want you to write songs. It would probably prefer it if you didn't. So write songs if you want to. Otherwise, dont bore us with beefing about it. Go fishing instead.

Postby Guy Johnson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:44 pm

All kitchens should be made by LAW to listen to radio four. This is now worldwide via the net.

When I've found my white fluffy and frumpy-looking cat, got older, lost my hair and acquired a funny eye, i'll take over the World and Make This Law.
Guy Johnson
Frequent Poster
This is my few words.

Postby Guy Johnson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:44 pm

For deffo.
Guy Johnson
Frequent Poster
This is my few words.

Previous