You are here

Need some opinions on some new speakers...

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Need some opinions on some new speakers...

Postby OptimusBrown » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:52 pm

I am looking into buying a new sound setup for my DJ/Entertainment business. I am looking at Dual 15" speakers in the $500-600 range.
I know that there are a lot in that area. Mainly JBL JRX125, Yamaha s215v, EV ELX215, Peavey DJs4 are the ones that I have looked into. Just want an honest opinion of which name brand and why to purchase, and maybe what the major down fall of each. I am looking for the best quality and overall sound. I will add 2 subs later on after I pay these off and make some green. Thanks in advance for your input!
OptimusBrown

Re: Need some opinions on some new speakers...

Postby turbodave » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi, I am assuming for that money you either want passives or you are referring to the price of each unit.The one thing I will say is I would rather get a pair of 12 inch speakers and add 15 inch sub than 15 inch speaker with 18 inch sub.There is something tighter and clearer with 12s and 15 sub I think...as well as being lighter.
I would not go the Peavey route, and having looked at bang for buck probably go the JBL route, but apart from that use your ears and try before you buy if poss.Dave
turbodave
Frequent Poster
My head hurts!