You are here

Looking to add some decent subs to my sound at a decent price...

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Looking to add some decent subs to my sound at a decent price...

Postby OptimusBrown » Tue May 03, 2011 3:47 pm

The ones I am looking at are Peavey SP118, JBL JRX 118, Behringer Eurolive B1800X.
OptimusBrown

Re: Looking to add some decent subs to my sound at a decent price...

Postby TSH-Tim » Fri May 06, 2011 3:17 pm

One of the things which puts me off the Behringer sub is the 35kg weight.... The JBL's are around 28kg i think but i wouldn't fancy lifting another 7kg+ plus onto that :?

If you can go and have a listen to each of these subs / have a play around and go from there.

Good luck :)
TSH-Tim
Frequent Poster

Postby grab » Mon May 09, 2011 10:24 am

You wouldn't like my Studiospares Auditorium sub then - 40-something kilos. I can shift it between pavement and car, and up small steps into a building. For everything else, there's a sack truck...
grab
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby TSH-Tim » Mon May 09, 2011 2:04 pm

grab wrote:You wouldn't like my Studiospares Auditorium sub then - 40-something kilos. I can shift it between pavement and car, and up small steps into a building. For everything else, there's a sack truck...

Your poor back.... we owned a load of Opus audio kit a few years ago where the SB415 is around 140kg and has NO wheels on it.

Got to a venue once where the lift didn't work so it took 3 of us just over 4 hours just to load in six subs... lol

Another sub which is too much for one (due to the handles) but two of you look silly carrying it is the d&b C7 sub - WHAT where they thinking when it came to handle placement :?
TSH-Tim
Frequent Poster