You are here

Powered PA Speakers (Need help!)

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: Powered PA Speakers (Need help!)

Postby TheChorltonWheelie » Tue May 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Matthewrayrgv wrote:For the past few days I have been in the market for portable rig yet one that does not compromise sound or at least keeping any compromise at a minimum. I will be using the set up for Daily gigging at restaurants with just an acoustic guitar and vocals. (So bass is really the least of my concern) What I am looking for in a speaker is Smooth Highs (Not over exaggerated highs to appear like it has clear sound), Detailed and clear Mid range and Tight Bass.

I'd go with Seablade on the Bose L1, they're easy to setup, they do sound very good in the acoustic/duo environment, and the later models have the inbuilt effects too: it's a 1 box solution which is worth a listen in that right alone.
TheChorltonWheelie
Frequent Poster

Postby Matthewrayrgv » Wed May 18, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm not really into the who tower speaker thing. (Bose,fishman ect)
They never sound 3 dimensional, Its always seems like they are trying to replicate a sound that just cannot be done with such small speakers. I have a friend of mind who was a fish man and sadly it just always sound really think and can only cover so much. I just want regular power speakers. Now today I did Go to guitar center and A/B the QSC k 10 with the Eon 510 and I liked the 510 soo much better! The QSC was clearer though but it was lacking too much presence and low end. The Eon was just right!
Matthewrayrgv

Postby dickiefunk » Wed May 18, 2011 12:59 pm

I'm also interested in knowing how the JBL EON 515 and 515 XT speakers compare?

Have you considered the JBL PRX 612's? I know some people that use these and say they sound awesome!
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster
http://www.richardpenrose.com