You are here

JBL SRX835P Protect

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

JBL SRX835P Protect

Postby mgbband » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Curious if any others have had any problems with JBL SRX835P cabs going into PROTECT mode which from what I gather is a blown power amp.

I received a pair and after two gigs one went into PROTECT mode and was replaced under warranty, now two gigs later the 2nd from the original pair same thing happened.

From what I can tell they didn't go down during performance and nothing noticed till setting up for the next gig.

PreSonus RM32 mixer and have owned it for three years. Usually I had QSC K Series mains and monitors but I wanted to upgrade to something a bit larger and was highly advised to get the SRX835P cabs over the QSC153 cabs.

So far to date only 4 gigs total and your average local bars. One SRX828P sub included. So far replacement 835 is doing fine as well as the sub. So not sure if I got a bad pair of 835 cabs or if I'm doing something very wrong.

With QSC's I've never had a problem and would set QSC level from 7-10 so I've been following the same chore here leaving the 835 or 828 channel gain at 0 and speaker master output to full and handle the rest from the mixer for crossover and compression. JBL is in main/line mode L/R feeds mains and Mono feeds Sub

I don't want to drive my dealer crazy but also need to know if these speakers are that finicky. Meanwhile the QSC KW122's have saved the gig both times thus has happened, now waiting for 2nd cab to be replaced..... Furman power strips on speakers Furman power conditioner on mixer. Different venues per problem, cables all checked out fine plus nice Lava Cable.

Appreciate any help
mgbband

Re: JBL SRX835P Protect

Postby selectorcrabbie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:43 am

Good day I am having the same problem with my 2 srx815p. Sometime one Will say protect when you just put it on or they will be play and go in protect mode. Any way this problem can be resolved.
selectorcrabbie

Re: JBL SRX835P Protect

Postby div35h » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:05 am

selectorcrabbie wrote:Good day I am having the same problem with my 2 srx815p. Sometime one Will say protect when you just put it on or they will be play and go in protect mode. Any way this problem can be resolved.

how can this problem be fixed how can we fix the broad i am a tech and will like to know
div35h