You are here

no sound from jbl eon one pro

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

no sound from jbl eon one pro

Postby godavis1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:25 am

To all:

I just unboxed a JBL eon one pro rechargable speaker and (am currently doing the initial charging - red light flashing) I did all the basics according the user guide, but I'm getting no sound - not when I plugged a windows 10 laptop using itunes or ipad or iphone into it -- no songs play -- I tried bluetooth and using a aux cable still no sound?? I have not tried a mic yet. Is this a lemon? does it have to be charged up to a certain extent before it works?

Help?!

Gary
godavis1
New here

Re: no sound from jbl eon one pro

Postby blinddrew » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:30 am

Can you post a picture of how you've got the control panel set? Just to exclude any simple operator error (we've all been there) ;)
blinddrew
Frequent Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Wonks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 pm

The power light (above the battery LED meter) is on?
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

Postby godavis1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:51 pm

blinddrew wrote:Can you post a picture of how you've got the control panel set? Just to exclude any simple operator error (we've all been there) ;)

Thank you for your response -- Good news -- the problem solved itself a couple of hours later when the battery charged enough to reach a certain threshold and "voila" everything started working and I got sound coming out of the speaker!

Thanks again!

Gary
godavis1
New here

Postby godavis1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Wonks wrote:The power light (above the battery LED meter) is on?

I must repeat my response from above...,

Thank you for your response -- Good news -- the problem solved itself a couple of hours later when the battery charged enough to reach a certain threshold and "voila" everything started working and I got sound coming out of the speaker!

Thanks again!

Gary
godavis1
New here

Postby Wonks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Glad it's working now but it seems very strange that is the case. What if you'd used it on batteries and run it down, but then wanted to use it powered up and you hadn't had time to recharge it. You'd just have to sit there and wait!

Sounds like it really needs a mains/battery selector switch.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

Postby godavis1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:06 am

Wonks wrote:Glad it's working now but it seems very strange that is the case. What if you'd used it on batteries and run it down, but then wanted to use it powered up and you hadn't had time to recharge it. You'd just have to sit there and wait!

Sounds like it really needs a mains/battery selector switch.

That's a good point. My most optimistic hope is that this was an occurrence that only happened because it was the very FIRST time using it out of the box and it was fully discharged needing an initial charging. We'll see once this first charge runs out if the same thing happens again to me. I'll post an update to let you know the 1st time when I've used the speaker battery up.

--Gary
godavis1
New here