You are here

FBT CS1000

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

FBT CS1000

Postby DJAJESSEX » Mon May 21, 2018 10:33 am

Hi all
have a question for you all

I have a set of FBT CS1000. I was wondering what weight the up right poles could handle when they have the tweeters on top, Im lookin of mounting 2 32 inch tv on the poles as well. what would you guys say about that? tv weight it 4.5kg.

anyone know if that would handle it?

Cheers
DJAJESSEX

Re: FBT CS1000

Postby Wonks » Mon May 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Nothing in the data sheets or manuals about it. Each passive 6 x 3" speaker array won't be that heavy, so I doubt if the poles are particularly robust (though they may well be steel rather than thin aluminium). I'm sure they could easily manage to take an extra 5kg (by the time you've got mounting brackets and clamps added), but I have no idea what that weight would do to the centre of balance of the overall rig (though it would be fairly central) when the overall basic weight of the system is 30kg and you're adding an extra 5kg. It will also depend on the robustness of the pole mount in the sub as to whether it can take the extra weight.

Maybe fire off an email to FBT as they are the only ones who can give you a definite answer?
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

Postby James Perrett » Mon May 21, 2018 9:31 pm

I'd be very worried about the stability of pole mounted screens.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby DJAJESSEX » Fri May 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi

Update
I have mounted a tv on the pole,
Currently has a 8kg speaker on it but the jvc 40" are lighter and they are in white.

I have adjusted the sub and use two of the screws to hold two clips and have a metal safety cable that wraps around the height adjustment on the pole, this helps take the weight of the tv. took two round clamps with rubber inside so it doesn't slide and a small tv bracket. The new tv is only 4.5kg and it looks great

I have a picture but I cannot upload it on here.

Cheers
DJAJESSEX