You are here

Bluetooth stereo connection to a pair of JBL EON ONE

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Bluetooth stereo connection to a pair of JBL EON ONE

Postby vito_leo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:28 pm

I am considering getting a used pair of JBL EON ONE, and I cannot find any information at all about the possiblity of using such a pair as a stereo Bluetooth pair.
JBL Connect is an app that can do just that on the small portable JBL speakers. But is there something similar to connect a phone to TWO SETS of these JBL EON ONE and get left channel on one side and right channel on second device ?
Not having the equipment yet, I cannot do any tests myself...

Thyanks for any help
Vito (in Belgium)
vito_leo

Re: Bluetooth stereo connection to a pair of JBL EON ONE

Postby Wonks » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:06 pm

I've looked at the manual for it and there doesn't appear to be a way to do it. It is designed as a mono device, though obviously two can be used for stereo if fed from an external mixer.

Do you really need stereo? And do you really need to use Bluetooth rather than a wired connection? If you really need stereo, then these probably aren't the best sort of speakers for you to use. They are more suited to quieter performances, say a singer with an electro-acoustic guitar in a small bar or club, as they only produce 118dB peak output. For a similar price, you can buy good sounding speakers with 130dB or so peak output (about 4 times as loud), which is far more the sort of thing you'll want for bigger venues or being heard over a lot of people talking.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.