You are here

Anyone using a Behringer X32 with synths?

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: Anyone using a Behringer X32 with synths?

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:51 pm

:blush: :blush: :blush:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Dave B » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:03 pm

Depending on the application, saving yourself 300quid and going for an XR18 might be a slightly better option. The X32 is far more expandable, but, if you don't need the expansion and the ability to control it from the front panel, then you still get 16 inputs on the XR18 and they are combi-sockets. And it still runs as an audio interface as well as a rack mixer.

(The more I look at the XR18 - and I own one so I should look closer - the more impressed I am with the functionality compared with the rest of the range. It's quite good vfm imho)
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Dave B wrote:Depending on the application, saving yourself 300quid and going for an XR18 might be a slightly better option. The X32 is far more expandable, but, if you don't need the expansion and the ability to control it from the front panel, then you still get 16 inputs on the XR18 and they are combi-sockets. And it still runs as an audio interface as well as a rack mixer.

(The more I look at the XR18 - and I own one so I should look closer - the more impressed I am with the functionality compared with the rest of the range. It's quite good vfm imho)

An XR18 is where I'll go should I finally need to replace my venerable (and much loved) Mackie DL1608.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby The Elf » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:49 pm

Although I still can't say that I'm comfortable with not having physical faders and controls, I have been very happy with the XR18. I spent some time making my perfomance software understand the XR18, so that has enabled me to have everything controlled from one place - it even opens and closes the stage mic between numbers.

And I've recorded gigs as multitrack.

So yes, the XR18 has been a great success here.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Previous