You are here

Acoustic stomp box

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: Acoustic stomp box

Postby Hewesy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Funnily enough I had the same though when I saw Jon Boden, then we met him afterwards to sign a CD - Jeebus he's tall!

Check this out from the man himself, from last years tour IIRC (which is a great album if you haven't picked it up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phDw345SCcM

Such a fan of his Bb tuning too, how he makes so much noise as one man for the Bellowhead "biggies" - true Wayne's World moment.

Hewesy
Hewesy
Frequent Poster

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Brilliant, loved Bellowhead, love Jon Bowden, (and John Bowers). I was lucky enough to do PA for Faustus a few years ago, Benji Kirkpatrick, Paul Sartin (both from Bellowhead) and Saul Rose (Martin Carthy's Squeezebox player) also brilliant, and nice guys to work with.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Hewesy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Big Faustus fan here too mate, i saw both of their sets at Towersey this year and we saw them 2 weeks back on the latest tour.

Not surprised they are lovely, it cone across when you speak to them after the gig. Though I did rather shout at Benji after he opened for the Levellers last year - but only because they'd just given me tinnitus...

Hewesy
Hewesy
Frequent Poster

Previous